Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question DPX9 and Xara Photo and Grapic Designer 9 on same machine?

When I purchased DPX9 I had already purchased and installed XPGD9. I uninstalled PGD9 before installing DPX9. So far I have been unable to get DPX9 to even run on my computer, so I have nothing. I'm thinking about doing a complete system restore from a back prior to DPX9 where I have PGD9 installed.

Will having PGD9 installed interfer with someday ever getting DPX9 to run? Will I have to uninstall PGD9 again when I try and get DPX9 ($$) to work?

I've been fortunate with my Magix MEP2014. It installed and works as described.

Does anyone have them both installed (PGD9 and DPX9) and working correctly? Are there any issues I need to be concerned with before rolling back to PGD9?

Thank you for your insight.

David

Default Re: DPX9 and Xara Photo and Grapic Designer 9 on same machine?

You can have multiple versions installed, and I do not think PGD9 will interfere although when you install DPX9 it may take precedence, and then be the default program that opens a .xar file. I have XDPX and XP&GD9 both installed with no problems.

EDIT: I think sledger has the 32 bit and 64 bit versions installed and switches back and forth mostly so he can use the plugins.
    This may not answer your questions but I hope it helps a little.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Re: DPX9 and Xara Photo and Grapic Designer 9 on same machine?

You can run many versions on the same machine. As to why you have had so much trouble with DPX9 it's hard to say. You should file a support ticket with Xara
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.