I've run into something a bit frustrating that may be due to the way I'm using Designer Pro. I'd love some perspective from others who may know the right answer here. This has to do with untouched x/y coordinates and w/h dimensions changing when I modify one of them -- even with the Aspect Ratio lock deactivated.

Current challenge: I have two "FAQ" answers living in 20 group objects (background with shadow and a text area) living on 20 separate layers. I simply want the left edges of these to be aligned, and all to be the exact same width, so it doesn't look *wrong* when a user clicks through the FAQ questions and each layer with an answer pops up in turn. Sounds simple, but it's turning into a real challenge.

I tried selecting all 20 across the 20 layers and aligning them to the left. Then I tried setting the widths to be the same - first while all were selected (didn't protest, but didn't work), and then individually. What was frustrating was:
I might type in 550px for width (properties bar), and DPX9 would respond by setting the width to 549.2, or 548.7, etc -- closer to what I wanted, but not exact. What I found is that the second try is closer, and finally, on the 3rd try, it finally leaves the width at what I type in. Strange, and I thought it a fluke, but it was consistent across all 20 layers.
When I changed the width, the X coordinate would also change -- as I type this, I'm wondering if I need to change to anchor point of each of these to be the left edge...maybe that would work?

I'm especially concerned, because my client now wants an indicator to appear at the left edge of the selected line of text when the popup is open - so alignment becomes critical, since I'll have to implement this as part of the popup.

Am I missing a step or a trick here? I'd just love to be able to type in a value that I want for X, Y, W or H -- and have it actually "stick" at what I enter... Suggestions?