Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default How to make a hyperlink stop acting independent when the word runs into next line????

I have a paragraph in which a couple of words are to be a hyperlink to another site. The line break is such that the second word runs over to the next line in the paragraph structure. That's ok,...that's what I want. What I do NOT want though is when a user hovers over one of the words it separates the link as if they are separate links. How can I stop this from happening? I mean for example,..the term "Global Network Optimization" is one link. But because Optimization runs onto the next line down, it doesn't highlight with the other two words on the line above when they are hovered over. This is not what I want.

Thanks

td

Default Re: How to make a hyperlink stop acting independent when the word runs into next line

You can read through this Thread: http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...light-properly

Acorn

Default Re: How to make a hyperlink stop acting independent when the word runs into next line

To make sure all lines of text act as a link do the following

select the text and link to anything (# if you want to or a page, whatever)

With the text still selected click on the 'placeholder' tab add the following code into the placeholder <body> section

<a href="url">line one<br />line two</a>

the purple text is the url, so it would be http://www.yourdomain/page.htm

the green text is the actual text in the link
    so in this case line one would be Global Network and line two would be Optimization
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk

skech,

It didn't quite work out for me.....what it did was put the words underneath my already existing words, so it was a mess.
    When I deleted my original words,..then I was left with nothing. Very strange. I mean the code you gave me works,...but unfortunately it adds the words that I typed into the code beneath the words on the actual page so it appears all jumbled up.

Sledger,..I will have a look at your solution. Thank you.

It just seems crazy that this can't be done automatically. I now hate word wrap.

Yes, the HTMLfilter could easily add a break ( <br /> ) imho