I know this has been mentioned before, every now and again, but I thought I would throw this out there again.

I have been a happy Xara user for years and it has all the facilities I need for transferring my CAD work into PDF, Illustrator and EPS. files and doing graphics to explain my ideas.

I have been transferring my files to and from a CAD program to Xara as Illustrator files and then adding colour, creating multi page documents etc.

My CAD software is no longer available and I am now going to have to purchase another CAD program.

The difficulty I am going to have is getting my CAD files into Xara without losing any of the quality (namely Arcs & Circles as true entities as opposed to lots of small lines).

Printing to PDF doesn't work as this just produces the aforementioned small line segments in the PDF, which if I was to give to a Graphic Designer he wouldn't be able to position his Artwork over what looks like a hexagon but is actually a rounded corner or circle!

So with my ignorance to the fore is there any way using programming, a plug in or similar could be incorporated (I realise there is a financial aspect to this as I can't program) into Xara to give this DXF or DWG export/import function?

Failing that is there any information on Xara's file format that I could give to my CAD programmer and do it the other way round and incorporate a Xara import/export facility in my CAD software?

Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks in advance,

Dazhee