Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default July 2013 Tips and Tricks: How to Draw a Photorealistic Bottle Cap

How to Draw a Photorealistic Bottle Cap

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	flip-your-lid-top-page.jpg 
Views:	456 
Size:	20.0 KB 
ID:	97534

Celebrate the summer by flipping your lid, with a written, hands-on tutorial by Rik Datta on how to create a convincing bottle cap. Meant for artists of all skill levels, you’ll get a kick out of following along from scratch in this wonderfully detailed and engaging tutorial this month.

Anyone with version 9 of Photo & Graphic Designer, Page & Layout Designer, Designer Pro 9, and or Xara version 5 and up (we believe).

Read the tutorial and download the resource files.

Then show us your lids!
    Barbara Bouton
    TalkGraphics Forum Administrator

The Xara Xone website developer. | TheBoutons.com

Default Re: July 2013 Tips and Tricks: How to Draw a Photorealistic Bottle Cap

great drawing and great tutoriel rik!
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

Indeed.

Let me provide a correction here, and it's because I've been out for the count for so long: Rik's tutorial is the main tutorial for July, he's the star presenter this month, and the tute is erroneously listed on the Tips and Tricks area due to human error (see 'Problem detected between the chair and the keyboard'). And too difficult to set right while I have a shorter Tips 'n' Tricks we're putting up in the next day or so.

This is a stunning piece of Xara art to learn from, and step-by-step, Rik makes it do-able by Mere Mortals.

Alive and kicking (and limping),

Gary

WONDERFUL tut, Rik! Thanks so much.
    R_o_n _a_l _d __C. __D_u_k_e

x a r a . c o m..a r t i s t s ..g a l l e r y

Xara's Facebook

Xara Designer Pro X 16, Xara 3D7 Web Designer

Thanks for the tutorial, relating that link how to go further from the first page, for me the last one is the figure11 on the screen and no button to page

Name:	xone1.jpg 
Views:	292 
Size:	38.9 KB 
ID:	97573

Looking at your attached image, it seems that your page ends at 'Figure 11'.
    That's very strange.
    I'm sure Barbara will look at it very soon.

Featured Artist on Xara Xone . May 2011
    . A Shield . My First Tutorial
    . Bottle Cap . My Second Tutorial on Xara Xone

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Very enjoyable tutorial Rik. I've finally been able to give it a go. I decided that since we are celebrating summer here I'd do something that brought back fond memories of summers from my youth My mother used to make her own homemade root beer and I can remember once it was bottled it had to be left for a few days to brew and we were always asking is it ready yet? And of course root beer floats were a favourite! So this is a tribute to those long ago days and home made root beer
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bottlecap.png 
Views:	262 
Size:	172.1 KB 
ID:	97575  
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Nice tut. Rik and well laid out. Added it to my bottle top collection. As a matter of interest seeing you like to see how other people do things, I've uploaded a similar drawing I did in 2009. Thanks again for the tut.

Stygg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cap.png 
Views:	261 
Size:	78.0 KB 
ID:	97580  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks for the tutorial, relating that link how to go further from the first page, for me the last one is the figure11 on the screen and no button to page

We don't always do "pages", Csehz. Rik's tutorial is a single scrolling page; scroll down or press PageDown to continue in your web browser. Barbara always tests against multiple browsers, including mobile devices and even Opera.

See? It works in both FF and ie, which I use:

Name:	page.jpg 
Views:	285 
Size:	23.1 KB 
ID:	97582

-g

Thanks for your comments guys and gals.
    And thanks to those who've had a go at the tutorial.

Frances: I like what you've done with your bottle top. I've never had Root Beer! I prefer the real stuff.

Stygg: Nice improvisation. I like it.

INFO: At Step 3 (in the tutorial) you may want to add a 'Drop Shadow' to enhance the look.

Gary has kindly inserted the instructions for this on XaraXone, already.

Featured Artist on Xara Xone . May 2011
    . A Shield . My First Tutorial
    . Bottle Cap . My Second Tutorial on Xara Xone