Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
    Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Publish with Filezilla

I wonder if this would be possible? I'm thinking that it could be handy to be able to use the xara publish dialogue to somehow connect with Filezilla. Perhaps under the publish to section where there currently is a choice to publish to magix online world or publish to other site via htp a third option could be to publish via Filezilla and it could open Filezilla (which the user would be prompted to install if they don't already have it) and if the filezilla window were able to pick up the exported files ready for the user to drag and drop across to whatever location they wanted on the website they log into would be a nice feature.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Default Re: Publish with Filezilla

If it was easy I'm sure they would have done this rather than build-in their own FTP routines.
    Anyone who knows how to use an FTP client would have no problem exporting to a folder then uploading via their preferred FTP client, those who don't might find it just as confusing as any other method, including the built-in publishing.

I don't see what would be gained by this Frances, incremental publishing would be lost for a start and the point of doing things from within Web Designer is that the user is not faced with having to know what goes on behind the scenes when publishing. It just works.

Exactly.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

I like the control that Filezilla gives me. But I do get that this may not be the kind of function that most users would want.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

actually ive been using filezilla since the days it was a far less cutdown version of what it has become now which is a fantastic free and fully featured ftp app
    i wouldnt use anything else tbh
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

Xara should support FTPS so I could again forget to play with FileZilla.

It took me more time than expected till FileZilla started to work with Yahoo, it was much easier when Xara was able update sites there