Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Default Re: banner with animated gif inside

hello Frank thank you very much for all the information, sorry to hold you up and making it difficult for you.
    To state that you are referring to you couldn't understand, I had to read it myself a few times to see what I was saying.
    1. If I wanted to put every single item and make them animate altogether at once instead of cycling through I was wondering about doing that.
    2. I was trying to slow the animation down and the only thing I could find was with the animation properties and change the speed.
    the only reason I wanted to slow it down with my creation was so you could look at the individual items on each frame.
    3. Obviously if I put them all together on the same single frame so that they are animations I will have to remove some.
    Ijust want to find out about slowing everything down.I found out to do the whole lot to slow it down, but individually I was wanting to find out.
    With regards to the background colour yes I tried that I could not get it to do it, I will give it another go, it is very easy there are once you get the hang of it as you said.
    You didn't say what you thought of my creation, I thought it was quite good considering I could not make anything for ages now I am putting graphics in all kinds of stuff.
    Thank you for your patience and all of your animations.
    I was wondering what you do for work if you can say, if not no problems.

I really appreciate all the effort you have gone especially making the tutorial.
    It takes more time at the moment to search for graphics and answers in the help file what it takes to make a animation.
    With regards to the start-up, it was starting with your frame animation, so last night I closed it and I think I have fixed it.
    with regard to the backup files it has put it on to my desktop, is that always the case and can it be changed, or is it the best thing to do leave it where it is?
    with regards to a documents yes I thought that was the case using the open.
    I'll have to start to make some more things now.
    Thank you once again for all the effort, I will keep plugging on. I just hope you understood what I meant about the animations, everything that is written getting it all to animate at the same time on the same frame in other words. I know I will have to make another one most likely to do that.
    And the speed change for the individual frames was the other thing I was trying to explain a bit further up which might seem a bit hard to follow.
    Regards Mark

Quote Originally Posted by wheels View Post
    hello Frank thank you very much for all the information, sorry to hold you up and making it difficult for you.
    youre not holding me up, dont worry

1. If I wanted to put every single item and make them animate altogether at once instead of cycling through I was wondering about doing that.
    yes, you can do that too
    experiment with what youve learnt so far
    try having things moving in the animation
    look at the big complicated one i did for you
    it has examples of that

2. I was trying to slow the animation down and the only thing I could find was with the animation properties and change the speed.
    there are two ways to slow down an animation
    • slow down the global speed
    • keep the same speed but add more frames in between the existing ones

the only reason I wanted to slow it down with my creation was so you could look at the individual items on each frame.
    well it's good to know how to adjust speed
    you can have an animation speeding up and slowing down
    once again its a case of experimenting
    the only limit is your imagination and the filesize
    the more you have going on in your animation the bigger the end file will be

3. Obviously if I put them all together on the same single frame so that they are animations I will have to remove some.
    its true that the more busy an animation is the less people are inclined to like it
    think less is more
    doing banner type animations is a balance between what you can do and what you should do

Ijust want to find out about slowing everything down.I found out to do the whole lot to slow it down, but individually I was wanting to find out.
    you have the animation properties box but you also have the frame properties box
    you first click on the frame you want to slow down then change the speed per frame if you wish

You didn't say what you thought of my creation, I thought it was quite good considering I could not make anything for ages now I am putting graphics in all kinds of stuff.
    i think considering youre a complete novice youre making great progress
    the problem is theres not much in the way of reading material or tutorials
    so you really have to go it alone and experiment and make a lot of mistakes on the way
    thats no bad thing though
    next time round youll know why something oisnt working

Thank you for your patience and all of your animations.
    I was wondering what you do for work if you can say, if not no problems.
    its my pleasure
    its great being able to help someone whose really keen to learn and put what hes learnt into practice
    so much more satisfying than those that just talk about the theory but dont get their hands dirty

im an all round computer bod: computers, websites, hosting, networking, that sort of thing
    anyway it keeps me off the streets beating up young people

with regard to the backup files it has put it on to my desktop, is that always the case and can it be changed, or is it the best thing to do leave it where it is?
    well ive known people to have loads of documents on their desktop but thats not really what its for
    if i were you id create a folder specifically for your xara backups which has nothing else in it

I just hope you understood what I meant about the animations, everything that is written getting it all to animate at the same time on the same frame in other words. I know I will have to make another one most likely to do that.
    yeah i do understand but think about the amount of clutter per frame, you dont want to put off the very people will be looking at the animation
    think subtle, elegant, discreet
    all things that dont describe me, lol
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

hello Frank, thank you very much all the information in separating the answers, I'll have to find out how to do that. Regarding your reply on about speed that is what I would try to find out how to do individuals frame slowdowns which you have answered I could not find the answer very quick trying to search in the help file.

Regarding what I need to delete, I was referring to if I had everything on the same frame will have to remove a couple of maps and a couple of other things.

When I look back at your original animation you made, I see what you're talking about roughly, we have to make the background information and have just one thing roughly in animation so it does not look cluttered.

Regarding the folder I thought it was on the desktop but there is a folder called masters, I will have to look into that and see what it says is I cannot remember at the moment. I like your idea of xara folder because at the moment somethings are saved to the desktop and some are saved to my documents so they are all over the place and when I delete them the program doesn't know where they are when I moved them to another place to be saved to free up my desktop.

something else I was trying to find out can you make the animation zoom in and out instead of running sideways, if that makes sense.

I know 3-D maker can do it but that is not a banner which is static with an animation inside of it.

Regarding your business what I like to use emoticons and animations is because I use a website sort of place when I talk to people I can show them the animation I have made a particular person without going into too much detail.

You would actually be quite happy with what they look like. Anyway on the same website they have given me a profile page. Originally I thought I could use Web designer to fix that up because it has either CSS or you can fill it with HTML which is what I have done.

But then I found out after that Web designer it really did not do what I wanted to do. I wanted to make things in it, create HTML for the particular thing I made and posted it into the certain area on the website profile, but apparently it does not do HTML like I wanted to do so I could have save my money, although it has come in handy when my graphic designer program was causing problems with the new version. So I could still make different size shapes and Web designer|I need to paste into maker 3-D 7 so I suppose it was not a waste of money and won't be in the long run when I finished the IT course.

All of this work will help on that as well, it will come in very handy.

I hope you understand all of that about the other profile website, I would like to give you a look at it but I am not allowed to paste the link here, the only way would be PM is most likely.
    A lot of the people they get graphic designers to work on the website so there must be some way I can use Web designer.

Anyway I will try to make another different animation for Aussie Mark like you have.

Thank you once again regards Aussie Mark
    Last edited by wheels; 04 August 2013 at 12:58 AM.

hello Frank, regarding the banner you made for me with regard to Aussie how did you get rid of the whiteboard around Twitter?
    Also the Australian map, was that from Internet or one of your graphics you have available?

Thank you for your help again regards Mark

hi mark

to cut the word twitter out of that image i used the shape tool
    then when it was cut out i think i sharpened it and gave it a blue outline

the australia map was one i have in my collection
    ive been collecting images both bitmap and vector for 15 years
    i have loads of crud but also some useful stuff
    i throw nothing away
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

hello Frank, thank you for your reply. I just got the message today, there are so many different threads I forgot I asked about the question. Some time ago I asked about a similar thing because of this white background around it and I was putting on the yellow static banner I wanted to get rid of the white or fill in the white and was told to do a lot of different things.
    In the end I did not get it done anyway. What I wanted to do one of the Twitter emoticons have a white background around it and it looked odd in the background of the static banner was yellow, I was wanted to fill in the rest of it with yellow. You may have some other ideas as I cannot remember what they were anyway previously.
    That is a good idea regarding what you did.

Thank you very much, I will also try the vector graphics now that I know I can use those.

Regards Mark