I've been checking daily since the 1st of July for the upgrade to DPX9 and was surprised to find out about it in the Forum not on the Xara website. As I am upgrading from Version 7 I expect to find lots of goodies to keep me occupied for the foreseeable future. I was surprised at some of the negative comments though I expect I might well have a few moans when I catch up over the last 2 releases.

One point that was raised that I do agree with is the upgrade notice and the cost - I think 90 days would be a pretty fair notice and around £69 for the first 30 days after launch would be a good incentive to upgrade (and a nice "thank you") for the loyal users who been with Xara since its "Corel" days.

I suppose the fact that Xara now belongs to a large multinational company rather than the original founders means they will want to milk the cash cow on a yearly basis as they don't have the link to the customer base that the original team had, its just a thought.

Here's another thought how about a live video "chat" with the Boss and maybe the lead developer discussing future developments and why not have a "Wish List" competition with the top 3 getting included in the next release - a bit radical but what do you guy's think!