Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Hybrid View

Alright, here's my contribution. It's not really a logo, I know, but this is how it turned out so if nothing else, maybe a free poster design! I may make a printer friendlier version of a more "logoish" design with the same idea. Anyway, hope it looks good at least, hope this helps!

Steve Newport
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SHPR.jpg 
Views:	579 
Size:	152.2 KB 
ID:	9696  
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

Both of these logo ideas are wonderful!

I would prefer to have the logo in Xara X so I can make small changes to it as needed.

We would want to be able to use this for Web and print. Once we settle on a logo, it would be nice to get the XAR file so I can output it as needed.

I will show both of these logo ideas to Safe Harbour's founder to get her opinion.

Thanks for the fabulous response!
    Scott

OH USA - Home to Cedar Point (Roller Coster King)

I, for one, served one hitch in the Army in my younger days. My husband (Jeff) joined with me under their buddy program. I left after that, but he stayed in for a total of 6.5 years.

One of Jeff's brother served for 20 years in the Navy. Another for nearly 10 years in the Air Force. Jeff's father was in the Navy for a while. My father, who had polio as a child, couldn't join any of the military services. He served in the Merchant Marines during WWII. (We've been kidding other siblings that someone needs to join the Marines & Coast Guard yet so we have a full deck.)

How does having a military background preclude having artistic talent? Both Jeff & I have extensive art backgrounds which we found quite useful during our time in the service. My father-in-law, after leaving the Navy, went on to become the Choir Director at our local (class A) high school. I could go on, but I think I've made my point.

Mr. Fontman, whomever you are, grow up! I didn't come here for software bashing discussions, or flame wars. To do so is childish in the extreme.

Push yourself to notice the extraordinary in the ordinary.

Irene M. Kraus
    www.design-comp.com
    aka The Computer Lady!
    Web Development & Video Tutorials - Design Works Internet https://www.facebook.com/Design-Works-Internet

and you guys work so fast! Steve, the chest hair cracks me up [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Fontman, I'm a climber and have been for goin on 3 years, and I'll take a wild guess and say that you have never climbed a 5.11+

No offense intended, just tryin to make you realize what you said

Steve Newport
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

... Dmagician... I served one year in the Swedish signal coprs. I did a lot of reserch before I went for my test so I could apply for the softest position in the armed forces.

I never expected to get my own room... I never expected to have a cleaning lady come by and clean that room! This is true! After 3 months training it was all just cruisin' [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

The toughest thing that I had to through was that I toasted some mouldy bread one morning in my little kitchenette [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] and had to run puking my guts out all over the staff building before I made it to the washroom. I got the morning of... I spent it watching the olympics on TV - I did mention that I had my own TV, no? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Ahhh... those were the days... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Risto

diri@videotron.ca

Bruce - I like it... but could you have some of the light from the lighthouse hitting the water?

Mickie

"Scott has picked Steve's design and so as my good friend (NOT) Fontman suggested, the kid out-designed the old fart (what a way with words, eh? Fontman be an ex-marine or something?"

Close, Mr. Priester, but no cigar! Former Marine is the correct answer. Ex-Marine denotes rather than honorable service and is delegated to sh_tbirds.

I was certainly not in that ex-Marine category. I assume you visited my humble Web site, hence the Marine eulogy.

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

The Fontman
    http://www.thefontman.com
    http://www.enrealty.com
    The Fontman
    "For those who fought for freedom...freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."