I am like Peter above I came from little acorn's or BBC Masters. Used the above programmes, never like Wordwise, thought both Impressions and Artworks led the field over anything that was produced for Mac's or PC's and they got me promotion and different jobs. When Xara came out my school were still using Acorns for they could interface easily with programmable eproms but I quickly kitted out one classroom with PC's for Graphic Communication and my pupils did very well on that diet. Enough of the history and lets look to now and the future using Xara. I have always said Xara listens to its clients and I still think it does if TG has anything to do with it. See the number of posts in the Xara web forum areas compared to the number of posts in the Xara graphic areas they are larger so more development has been done there and we still have a drawing programme what more could I ask for. Well I could say what I think is obvious that certain tools have not changed in a obvious way since Xara was introduced and that is the brushes and strokes and it is as simple as that. I don't think that Magix has helped or hindered the development of the product but it has helped the company to stay in business over a number of years.