Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default trying to view my page in my files but they are grey ?? 2nd issue

my second issue is i am using a template and saving- when i go to my documents where the save files are i get the preview of the file but its grey and does not look like my image from xara desktop...when i click on the file i get the web page all grey'd out.

wndows 7 64 bit xara 9 prem

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	capture1.jpg 
Views:	175 
Size:	78.3 KB 
ID:	96538

Default Re: trying to view my page in my files but they are grey ?? 2nd issue

Have you built your page on the mouseoff layer.?
    Check the Page & Layer Gallery

sledger- one thing i did was create right now was a simple page with one graphic and can pull it up.... the page that you see in my first comment- that was from the design gallery that i liked and save and will check to see --

I think you may need to Export the web site to its parent folder then go do the preview, if you haven't already. (just a guess)
    Thanks Jim

I love to Bully Pixels

Jim, this is not necessary with Web Designer 9.
    However, if you look carefully at DM's screenshot you can see he has exported first (to his documents folder) in this case.

@dm: Did you drag'n'drop the page from the design Gallery?

nope did not - i saved from file to my document file

Please attach the file to your next post for inspection.
    Thanks

In your screenshot showing where you exported your website to locally, there doesn't appear to be a _htm_files folder along with your HTML pages.

In Web Designer if you go to File > Preview Website does that work?

If yes, then delete the files that you have previously exported and then re-export locally and then open the files.

If the website does not preview correctly within Web Designer, then as Sledger says, post your .web file if you're happy for it to be publically available. If not, please submit a support ticket to Xara Support at http://support.xara.com and upload your file to them.