Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Cannot publish to Magix Online World following update to 9.0.3.28125! Help!!

Gaah!!!

I'm halfway through a project for a client, and I use Magix Online world to drop my sample site while under construction.

Went against my better judgement and upgraded this morning, and now I cannot publish to MOW.

Regular FTP publishing works fine.

Anyone know what's going on?

Default Re: Cannot publish to Magix Online World following update to 9.0.3.28125! Help!!

What error messages are you receiving when you try to publish to MOW?

PS: I updated to the latest version of WD9P (9.0.3 May 30) and published a test page to MOW without any issues, so it seems to work fine from here.

Default Re: Cannot publish to Magix Online World following update to 9.0.3.28125! Help!!

Hi Sledger,

Thanks for the quick response.

I get no error message at all. When I click the Publish icon, the cursor circles for a second or two and then - nothing. No error, no crash, it isn't publishing.

I have tried signing out of MOW, and signing in again. It just isn't going through the upload process.

Everything else works fine - I can preview, publish to FTP,

If I go into Web Properties and click on Settings... for MOW, same thing - cursor circles for a second or two then nothing comes up (if I am already signed-in). I cannot remember if that is normal behaviour.

If I sign out of MOW and click Publish, I get the MOW sign-in dialogue. If I sign in, still no publishing. I tried signing in with different password and sure enough, I get an invalid email/password message, so the authentication appears ok. Under the Share menu it indeed verifies that I am signed in.

This has got me!

Any ideas?

Best regards,

Ian

Possibly it's timing out.

Download your free copy of XaReg2 (link in my signature)
    Make sure Web Designer is not running, then start XaReg.
    Make sure you have selected the correct Xara application then go to the 'Web' tab.
    Change the FTP Connection Timeout to something longer and the FTP Connection Retries to something greater.
    Then run WD9 again.

See if that helps?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-06-03_140100.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	28.3 KB 
ID:	96502

Hi Sledger,

Still nothing. On clicking, I get the cursor-circle/hourglass going for 2-3 seconds and then back to normal. I upped the FTP time and retries, but it has no effect (and I really don't think that's the problem either).

It is very strange. I tried creating a whole new project from scratch - as you did - doesn't work.