Draven

I really don't know what is supposed to be so wonderful about pdfFactory. I always use CutePDF Writer which is does exactly the same thing but WITHOUT opening a web page that you have to close before you can see what you've created. With CutePDF you get what you've created without the annoying adverts or web pages opening up. Quite simply, there are none!

I know that Jens is a great fan of GhostScript but I've never managed to get it going on my PC. However, why should I bother with GhostScript when CutePDF does everything I want AND uses Ghostscript. Everything is installed correctly as a printer driver and a text file is provided telling you how to change the parameters to use according to the type of PDF you wish to create.

I've never tried it but you're supposed to be able to change the resolution of the PDF created as well as several other parameters.

CutePDF installs preset to produce high quality PDFs. Certainly whenever I've checked graphics for "jaggies", they are always very negligible, certainly no worse than Distiller and are perfectly suitable for sending to a printer. If you want to try CutePDF, go to www.cutepdf.com and check out CutePDF Writer, a free program - you shouldn't be disappointed!

Tracey

PS Before you start producing any PDF it may be wise to find out what version of PDF your printer wants. A printer that we send PDF files to each month still wants PDF1.2 which is the version produced by Acrobat 3.0!!!