Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: Design a Logo for XaRT

Quote Originally Posted by Rik View Post
    Also. Unless I've misread things, it seems that no more designs are wanted.
    Not necessarily.
    IP

I humbly propose, that in the interest of cooperation and to make more signal than noise—there's nothing wrong with posting design ideas on this thread...I thought this is what this area is for.

Steve, Grace, there's no reason why designers posting here needs to equal "pressure". Those who cannot program are interested in contributing, and for most of us, these are graphics ideas.

We realize that nothing is carved in stone, there's no winner, there's just posts and people liking or disliking them.

Let's all agree on mutual respect and let's pay some deference to those who have the most work ahead of them at this point.

By the way, I thought this was interesting: designers are already coming up with beautiful "flat designs", for mobile devices and Win 8

Pixeden free flat design icons

My Best,

Gary
    IP

Ok, to clarify, we do no want you to stop playing - only be warned that it won't happen "soon". That being said there are a lot of elements in RIK's design that I think are useable on the first release. What I would like to offer you is the "splash screen", In the past the splash screen would appear to hide the fact that the app was taking time to load. That would not be the case for this tiny app, but I think it would present a nice introduction to the programme. I also posted a screen shot of the ""About" page. This page is where the copyright etc. will be shown, I think we can also make this attractive.
    Grace
    http://gracehjs.com/
    Xara Software XDP11
    IP

Grace, I was thinking that the About page might contain a tribute to Bill?

Can you think of a more appropriate screen?

Thanks!

-g
    IP