Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: May 2013 Tips and Tricks: Making a Striking Coffee Table Book Cover

Gary, thank you for the tutorial. I really do prefer the written out tutorials, and I appreciate that they probably require more work from your side.

I did have a problem installing the plug-in. As you suggested I chose "Filters" as the destination folder, but when in Xara it didn't show up under the live effects. So i looked for other filters (like AlienSkin) and found them in a map called PSplug-ins inside a map Xara Picture Editor. So I reinstalled using the PSplug-ins folder and that got it working. I'm using XDPX.
    Guy -

I love these tools

Quote Originally Posted by guyke View Post
    ..and found them in a map called PSplug-ins inside a map Xara Picture Editor. So I reinstalled using the PSplug-ins folder and that got it working. I'm using XDPX.
    Hi Guyke—

Okay, I think this is one of the places where XDP and XP&GD are different. I try very hard to accommodate users of all versions, but sometimes I mess up. In XDP, you can define a plug-in wherever on your hard drive you like.

I will try to make a note in the tutorial that XP&GD requires that you install a plug-in to a specific, per-determined folder, thanks for letting me know!

I am trying to have one written and one video tutorial a month, but as with this month, it gets a little overwhelming to write, and then produce two unique ones. If anyone has a tutorial locked in their heart, PM me and let's talk about it!

Thanks,

gary

Just finished my extra logo for the Cotton Band but I think I messed up some where on the text for Golden, not sure where or how but it doesn't look right.

Stygg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	88.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	131.5 KB 
ID:	96222  

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

That looks good to me Stygg

Yes I used the same gold foil technique for the cup with two differences I left out the bevel layer as I wanted the foil to appear brushed on the cup rather than stamped into the surface, and I used the embossing filter on the gold foil to make it appear a bit shinier.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Thanks for that Francis, would not have thought to use Emboss to make it shinier, all good tips.

Stygg

Small informational point here:

You can fill a logo with a texture that's in the document, and you can also use ClipView if the texture you want to apply to the logo is large enough (without the need to tile).

-g

Tried another texture fill as you said in your last post Gary for the Cotton Dan
    logo and seeing they were from the 70's, gave it that 70's look, or have tried to

Stygg.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	12.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	204.1 KB 
ID:	96231