Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Default If Win7 textsize = 120%, what Zoom + what "DPI when autogenerated" for 1 to 1 pixels?

Hi

If my Windows textsize DPI is set to 120%, what zoom should I set my Xara (Designer Pro X v8.1)'s Zoom to in order to get 1 pixel on the Xara document to map to 1 pixel on the screen?

e.g. I want see exactly what a web page graphic will look like when exported etc.
    Fwiw, I have made my imported bitmaps 1 pixel per pixel setting in Xara; I have set my options to Bitmap = 'never smooth'.
    For now my "DPI when autogenerated" is still set at 96DPI (although perhaps I should change this too so that I can simply use the zoom setting to "100%" ??)
    All very confusing to my small brain.

Background - the reason why I have increased the Window7 Textsize DPI is because I have a high resolution screen and the text is too small to read. I have changed it to 120% because that is about right (and any larger increase makes various things start to go wrong on (e.g.) web pages and dialogue boxes etc. But I could easily change it to a better number if that helps.

Cheers

J

P.S. Yes, my screen is running at native resolution.

EDIT: Update 83% zoom seems to very nearly do it!
    Last edited by shiphen; 12 March 2013 at 09:43 AM.