Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Re: XaReg 2 Released

Quote Originally Posted by morris View Post
    I don't know whether this is the right place to ask: have you considered adding (to XaReg) a possibility to create a list of predefined line widths and zoom levels (that will be presented in respective comboboxes)?
    Unfortunately, these settings are not present in registry.
    John.

It's a bit rich to accuse people of not offering to help in a project when they had no idea it was being developed and which you and Steve kept quiet about even while people were talking about an alternative in public.

(Would you like to tell us now what other secret projects you're working on. Maybe we can help with them? ;-)

Phil

AS someone who has never used this utility I cannot comment on that side. What I will say is that clearly all parties concerned did this in their own time to help the community and they are to be thanked for their efforts. In hindsight perhaps the team developing a replacement should have contacted one of the original developers to ask whether they were continuing with the utility, if not then do it with their blessing and if they were then offer a hand. On the other side if it was known that grace et all were developing then they should have let them know that they were also working on giving the community a surprise - isn't hindsight a wonderful thing.
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk

I asked Steve a couple of times and was told the source was lost when Bill died. I only proposed the new project because I thought that any chance for updates was lost.
    Quote Originally Posted by skech View Post
    AS someone who has never used this utility I cannot comment on that side. What I will say is that clearly all parties concerned did this in their own time to help the community and they are to be thanked for their efforts. In hindsight perhaps the team developing a replacement should have contacted one of the original developers to ask whether they were continuing with the utility, if not then do it with their blessing and if they were then offer a hand. On the other side if it was known that grace et all were developing then they should have let them know that they were also working on giving the community a surprise - isn't hindsight a wonderful thing.
    Grace
    http://gracehjs.com/
    Xara Software XDP11

Quote Originally Posted by covoxer View Post
    Unfortunately, these settings are not present in registry.
    Create new REG_SZ value named PredefZoomLevels in HKCU\Software\Xara\XtremePro\8.1\Options\Preferences key, and set it to "1410;966;300;256;128;99;48;32;6" (without quotes). Run Designer Pro and see what's in the Zoom Factor dropdown

As for the line widths, the value name (also of REG_SZ type) is LineWidthsPoints in the same key.

You may also want to check out a value named WheelZoomLevels in ...\Options\Mouse key - set it to "8;33;99;300;900;1200;1300" and see what happens when you zoom by mousewheel.

This works with Xara versions 6, 7 and 8 (at least with Pro versions). I haven't checked versions 4 and 5.

Create new REG_SZ value named PredefZoomLevels in HKCU\Software\Xara\XtremePro\8.1\Options\Preferences key, and set it to "1410;966;300;256;128;99;48;32;6" (without quotes). Run Designer Pro and see what's in the Zoom Factor dropdown

As for the line widths, the value name (also of REG_SZ type) is LineWidthsPoints in the same key.

You may also want to check out a value named WheelZoomLevels in ...\Options\Mouse key - set it to "8;33;99;300;900;1200;1300" and see what happens when you zoom by mousewheel.

This works with Xara versions 6, 7 and 8 (at least with Pro versions). I haven't checked versions 4 and 5.
    I've just checked Xtreme 4 (not Pro) and these Registry settings are supported. So I guess Xtreme5 supports them too

PredefZoomLeves and LineWidthsPoints values may be in any order (ascending or descending) - depends on what order you prefer when you open the combobox, while WheelZoomLevels must be ascending (otherwise it won't work).

Thanks for the zoom level hacks, Morris! I got them to work but not for the line widths as the drop-down box doesn't show any changes. Can you show us the value notation you used?

Is it possible to also change the font size values in the drop-down box? That would be very useful.

It would be nice to have these options included in XaReg2.

Have a look at the attachment.

As for the font sizes list, I don't think it's possible, but I'll check it at home.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LineWidthsPoints.png 
Views:	205 
Size:	61.5 KB 
ID:	96047

Have a look at the attachment.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LineWidthsPoints.png 
Views:	205 
Size:	61.5 KB 
ID:	96047
    I followed the directions but I don't think the LineWidthsPoints and LineWidthsPixel options work with DPX, Morris.

Quote Originally Posted by Boy View Post
    I followed the directions but I don't think the LineWidthsPoints and LineWidthsPixel options work with DPX, Morris.
    I have just tested it in Xara Designer Pro X, see the video: LineWidthsDPX.mp4

And to your previous question: I have not found any reference in the Registry for predefined font sizes list.