Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default How to prevent page indexing?

I have a page I'm creating for a client and I do not want it indexed in the search engines. Is there a "no-follow" or robot.txt snippet I can use with xara? has anyone done this with any success?

Default Re: How to prevent page indexing?

See if there is anything here that will help https://www.google.com/search?q=no+f...ient=firefox-a

One thing I would suggest is when you publish the site that you do not include the actual URL at the bottom until such a time as you want search engines to find the site. But this might not be enough.

I found this to try
    <meta name="robots" content="noindex,nofollow" />
    and was told you could put this in the head of the page itself as a better alternative to robot.txt posted by some folks here So I'll try it. Hopefully someone here has attemted one of these methods and has some info on whether it was effective or not.

We simply upload the robots.txt file to the root folder and that does it. You can certainly use the meta name tag, but if google recommend a robots.txt file then that is what you should be using. If you want to stop a number of pages within different paths then the meta name tag is better, if it is a certain page or a certain path then the following is better as a robots.txt file:

User-agent: *
    Disallow: /path/with-trailing-slash/

Both methods work fine, but with the meta tag be prepared to edit every page you want to disallow.
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk

Copy the code, open Website Properties > Website, and paste the code into the Replace with HTML (Head) section.