Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default How Migrate WDMXP (v8) templates to WD9P etc.

1. I installed Web Designer 9 Premium 64bit 2 days ago and am still trying to figure out how to migrate previously purchased v8 templates (x86 - 32bit) over to 64 bit version 9.

2. With v9 purchase, I received a coupon to purchase 1 business template, but all I saw was purchasing software or upgrading software.

3. Anyone tried the new v9 templates? I noticed I could slide objects down the page all of the time and page would lengthen properly all the time, but the page did not always return and move back upwards to where it had been. Stretching down seems to be 100% OK as it was in v8, but shortening the page seemed to be iffy. I was using the "Free Example" and its "Index page".

TIA for any assistance.

Default Re: How Migrate WDMXP (v8) templates to WD9P etc.

1. You don't need to transfer any templates from v8 to v9, once you unlock v9 the contents within the Designs Gallery will be accessible to you.

2. You can select and purchase the business theme you want from this page http://www.xara.com/products/business-themes

3. The page will expand if you drag objects that have Push applied to them and there isn't enough space on the page, but in order for it to retract the page, moving those objects back up will not do it. That is intensional. If you add text to a text column for example that has Push applied, that will expand the page length, then if you delete text from thta text object, the page will be moved back up.
    The release notes cover this very well, as does the program help file
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...d.2emydtk05pmg

Pete, sorry but NO - I no longer see Template Pack 1 in my v9 Designs Gallery (installed 64 bit) but if I launch v8, I do see Template Pack 1 and it is active.

Likewise, in v8 I can use any of my previous Website Themes, but now w/ v9 64 bit installed, every theme is labeled as (Preview for Version 9).

Tech support didn't answer this - its as if I'm either not using the correct words to help people understand the issue - or those trying to help are not reading what I write.

My guess is even though this was a v8 to 9 upgrade, the v9 64 bit installer doesn't look to see what, if anything, was installed as v8 on the (x86) 32 bit side of the OS.

You are using the trial?

Thanks for suggestion Sledger.

A few days ago I downloaded the v9 64 bit product, installed it and entered the supplied license emailed to me upon upgrading from 8 to 9. After reading your post, I did a Help About and it showed my name as licensed, but nothing indicated registered or unregistered. I opened the registration window and there's a red x, so I re-registered. All now works.
    Not sure why I had to register twice.

More surprising, two emails from tech support never suggested what you did. Thanks to you, v9 now appears to be as it should. Thank you.