Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Adobe Flash Player - How to disable sound

Adobe does not understand that not everybody wants to hear sound for videos unless the visitor opts for this.

I mute the sound for Adobe Flash Player in the Windows 8 Speakers > Mixers section.

But the next time I visit a site with a Flash video with sound, Adobe enables itself and sets the volume to the speakers volume.

Does anyone know a registry tweak to tell Adobe Flash Player sound to shut the f*** up until I ask it to play?

Default Re: Adobe Flash Player - How to disable sound

There used to be an app called 'Flashmute', it's a few years old but a quick google shows it's still around.

I'll certainly check that out ..thanks

[I listen to music stream in the background I do not want a sudden damn flash plugin dubbing over - so I have plugins disabled by default in the browser - not a solution to the problem really, but a measure of what a pita it is - maybe doing more than one thing at once is just old fashioned.....problem is the streaming is flash too, so any solution may have to be subtle...]
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Here's an example. I go to Weather.com in the morning to see what's in store for the day. They have a small weather forecast video. There is an Autoplay ON OFF button which I suspect was added because people complained that the video starts playing as soon as the page loads.

This button used to work (via a cookie I suspect) and I had selected OFF. Since the last Flash player update, it does not matter if you press ON or OFF, the video just plays. So something in the new driver overrides the previous settings.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Here's an example. I go to Weather.com in the morning to see what's in store for the day...
    I use to use that site. Got more intrusive as the years went by.

You have Windows 8, right? Use the Bing Weather app. Just as accurate, not intrusive (thus far). You can set the tile to be updated automatically or not. Clicking on the tile shows the app full-screen. Nice display design. Make sure to set your location by clicking on the tile, right-click and down to the lower right is the button for setting your location.

Mike

Yeah, I have the Bing weather app installed and it is 200% better. But I generally check the weather from my browser which is in the desktop configuration. In fact, just to vote with my feet, I am deleting weather.com from my bookmarks. That'll show them!

I am in the desktop most of the day. Mouse to the upper right, down to the Win8 Start screen and there I am. Browser link for here is:

http://local.msn.com/weather.aspx?q=...&eid=154011196

Set your location...

Mike