Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Paswords

Default Paswords

Came across this.

Please ignore the mis-spelling in the title!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	passwords.png 
Views:	78 
Size:	63.6 KB 
ID:	95155  

Featured Artist on Xara Xone . May 2011
    . A Shield . My First Tutorial
    . Bottle Cap . My Second Tutorial on Xara Xone

Default Re: Paswords

The inherent problem with passwords is that to make them secure you have to have random numbers, letters; lower and upper case, symbols etc. but the problem is remembering them, so you have to write them down and stick them somewhere safe, but then you have to remember were you left them, or you could tattoo the password on the inside of your eyelids..

I find even if you have something memorable and add some random numbers you should be fine. I have got clients to change passwords for ecommerce, wordpress, hosting or emails and some will come back after months or years to say that they have lost the password and I tell them that I cannot help as I do not know the password only for them to turn around to tell me that they never changed it. I know many people with stupid passwords which anyone who remotely knows them will be able to guess.
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by skech View Post
    The inherent problem with passwords is that to make them secure you have to have random numbers, letters; lower and upper case, symbols etc.
    Not picking on you specifically, skech.. Just a little personal issue of mine...
    If you can't pronounce it, it ain't a password. It's a passcode.

Sometimes a passphrase is easier to remember but harder to hack.
    But, at the end of the day if a skilled hacker with the best brute-force attack algorithms wants to get in, they will..

Well obviously!

As you say if someone is determined enough they can hack it, it is a matter of keeping the larger percentage of part-time hackers out. It is the same with right clicks on websites or locked PDF files, it is just a bit of reassurance. If I had an urdu password you couldn't pronounce would that be a passcode? maybe that is the way forward, easy to remember non-english words, but then again the numbers would be missing. BTW All my passwords are abc123.
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk