Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Exclamation Photo sliding Nav bar

Hi there everyone! im fairly new to this
    Can someone maybe tell me how to? or help me create a nav bar like the on in the link below?
    http://www.ign.com/
    i found a similar post but it didnt have the nav bar change automatically like that?
    also only words at the top? an then it changing by self?
    i would want is one that has arrows on the sides.. like this almost <[1][2][3][4]> each number being a different picture with link to sub site or external site
    but that it changes between the photo`s automaticly aswel as if i click the arrows it moves like this <[2]-[3]-[4]-[5]> etc etc etc
    PLEASE help me?! your help will be greatly appreciated

Default Re: Photo sliding Nav bar

Check out the photo slideshow widgets in the Xara Web Designer MX Premium Designs gallery, there are some useful sliders there (Page elements>>Photos>>Photo Slideshows (widgets) ).

Otherwise you can find lot's of jquery slideshows and widgets on the web which you can buy and could be easily embedded into Xara Web Designer MX Premium via a placeholder.

Welcome to TalkGraphics Southafrican

Im not exactly sure how to use the embedded tools? and im not looking at spending much more money after buying the program etc? thought there would of been an easier way
    thanks for fast reply tho!

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Check out the photo slideshow widgets in the Xara Web Designer MX Premium Designs gallery, there are some useful sliders there (Page elements>>Photos>>Photo Slideshows (widgets) ).

Otherwise you can find lot's of jquery slideshows and widgets on the web which you can buy and could be easily embedded into Xara Web Designer MX Premium via a placeholder.

Thank you hope i can get help creating my site here! ehehe!
    Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Welcome to TalkGraphics Southafrican

I better add aswel, that i want it to be able that if i click the images on the nav bar that slides like that, that it takes me to a different page on my own website?

Quote Originally Posted by Southafrican View Post
    Im not exactly sure how to use the embedded tools? and im not looking at spending much more money after buying the program etc? thought there would of been an easier way
    'Easy' is all relative to your experience. If you have very little to none, then you'll need to get some before you tackle things that are beyond your reach. Right now you have all the options provided by the application you already paid for, these are fine a lot of the time but of course are limited. If you need something which is not provided for by the program then you have to find a 'widget' from another vendor that can satisfy your needs, this will mostly cost a few dollars for the license to use it on your site. Using placeholders to embed third party widgets is covered in the Help file and in many threads in this and other Xara user forums.
    If you can't find 'exactly' what you want, then you are left with the prospect finding a web programmer who can create the exact thing you need. These guys typically charge a lot more for bespoke widgets. There are always options, but many are not free.
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 12 March 2013 at 05:50 AM.

Hi thanks for reply
    I checked out the "nivo" slider? but how would i be able to get it into shapes of those small boxes like explained earlier? basicly if i could draw it
    | |
    |<[]-[]-[]-[]-[]>| ( < and > = arrows? ) and ( [] ) box`s which are pictures? but if one clicks them they are basicly a link which will send you to that page, so basicly the photos/boxes would slide according to
    | | arrows? almost like certain websites have for products that they would sell??
    | | Sorry if im confusing or bugging anyone!
    | |
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    'Easy' is all relative to your experience. If you have very little to none, then you'll need to get some before you tackle things that are beyond your reach. Right now you have all the options provided by the application you already paid for, these are fine a lot of the time but of course are limited. If you need something which is not provided for by the program then you have to find a 'widget' from another vendor that can satisfy your needs, this will mostly cost a few dollars for the license to use it on your site. Using placeholders to embed thrid party widgets is covered in the Help file and in many threads in this and other Xara user forums.
    If you can't find 'exactly' what you want, then you are left with the prospect finding a web programmer who can create the exact thing you need. These guys typically charge a lot more for bespoke widgets. There are always options, but many are not free.

Since my picture didnt turn out right, i got another site which uses something like it - http://www.gumtree.co.za/ - if you check they have arrows on the sides and click able photos/links between the arrows and slides to get differnt/more pictures/links

Unfortunately there is nothing like this supplied in the Designs Gallery with Xara Designer.
    For this you would really need to find something on the web and try to use it.
    There are some places such as Dynamic Drive who offer free scripts that can be used in Designer..

The Nivo Slider is (like the other slideshow widgets) 'wysiwyg', you cannot redesign them into other configurations. The allowable edits are described in the widget edit window, which is generally to just add your own images..