Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: Interweaving vines with 3D text

Quote Originally Posted by stygg2003 View Post
    Dave I think you've been talking about making the shapes as per Gary's file from scratch so I have posted this file for you, hope it helps. I think we all got crossed lines as to what we were talking about, making the shapes or inspecting them in the original Gary file, well I did anyway

Stygg
    Thanks Stygg - Before I received this one, I figured out that where I was going wrong before was not cloning in between steps from before. However, this one made it even clearer. I appreciate this feedback. I kept trying to do everything to the first cloned object and one step just wiped out the other one. Think I understand this step now and I can see where it is going to be handy.

Default Re: Interweaving vines with 3D text

Quote Originally Posted by dcahall View Post
    Thanks Stygg - Before I received this one, I figured out that where I was going wrong before was not cloning in between steps from before. However, this one made it even clearer. I appreciate this feedback. I kept trying to do everything to the first cloned object and one step just wiped out the other one. Think I understand this step now and I can see where it is going to be handy.
    Just to clarify Dave, there is only two shapes, the base and the cloned shape, all the fills, starting with the linear fill are done in the one clone, that is the clone gets a linear fill and in the same shape, a transparency as shown, one clone two fills, in that order linear then Fractal transparency

Stygg