Quote Originally Posted by angelize View Post
Hi Dave I don't think I've done anything here that P&GD can't do There is no feathering involved in the lawn at all. here is a breakdown of how it's done. the linear transparency is applied at the end and if you select the lawn before ungrouping it and select the transparency tool you should see the linear transparency (it's quite short so you may need to zoom in) When you take it apart remove the linear transparency first before ungrouping otherwise the linear transparency causes the disappearing act you are seeing. (I think it has to do with the mold)

If there is interest how about we start a new thread to discuss transparencies and fills in more depth?
Thanks Frances - This clarifies some things for me. When I ungroup the lawn I cannot find the small object at all. Also when I click the transparency tool for the lawn, I see Many instead of the fractal-stained glass transparency (is that because of mould tool modification of the original lawn object?). I zoomed to 8000% and still do not see your little short object. I even set the View quality down to 0 to try to find it and do not see it anywhere

Between you, Stygg and Gary, I have learned some neat tricks here. I am going to mess around with these for a while. Unfortunately, I lost some of my "picture" so I have to try to reconstruct some of it but I would like to see this through to the end (be patient with me Gary). I hope others may be following this thread and learning some things as well.