Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: Interweaving vines with 3D text

Quote Originally Posted by dcahall View Post
    @stygg2003: I have looked at your .xar file but I am not being successful at reproducing the steps. I do not get the right colors for the fractal plasma on the second step. Then I still do not see how you applied a gradient fill to a plasma fractal for the last step. What the heck am I doing wrong?
    Dave the colours for the fractal fill are centre node HSV Green#339966, the outer node is HSV Brown #a76135. Note also the feathering! Also check that repeating tile is in use. With the image and fill tool still selected and it will be still showing fractal plasma, go up to the Fill tool box on the tool bar, open it and select Linear fill, nothing else, just select and click. You shoud now see the shape you want with the linear fill arrow which you can drag around to suit. The final step, select the trans. tool(wine glass) this too will still be showing Fractal plasma but this time set the trans. type to stained glass and as per first xara.file set the centre node to 42-42.5% and the top node to 100%. you might need to drag the top node down a little. For a final check, on the tool bar for the last step, you should have showing Fractal plasma, stained glass, repeating tile, 109dpi, fractal scale 30%. The very first shape, the base shape as a feathering of 12.7 The second shape, fractal plasma as a feathering of 31.8

Stygg

Default Re: Interweaving vines with 3D text

Quote Originally Posted by stygg2003 View Post
    Dave the colours for the fractal fill are centre node HSV Green#339966, the outer node is HSV Brown #a76135. Note also the feathering! Also check that repeating tile is in use. With the image and fill tool still selected and it will be still showing fractal plasma, go up to the Fill tool box on the tool bar, open it and select Linear fill, nothing else, just select and click. You shoud now see the shape you want with the linear fill arrow which you can drag around to suit. The final step, select the trans. tool(wine glass) this too will still be showing Fractal plasma but this time set the trans. type to stained glass and as per first xara.file set the centre node to 42-42.5% and the top node to 100%. you might need to drag the top node down a little. For a final check, on the tool bar for the last step, you should have showing Fractal plasma, stained glass, repeating tile, 109dpi, fractal scale 30%. The very first shape, the base shape as a feathering of 12.7 The second shape, fractal plasma as a feathering of 31.8

Stygg
    @stygg - as soon as I select linear from the drop down list, the fill changes to linear and the fractal fill is gone. What am I doing wrong or is there some difference between XP&GD and Designer Pro?

I have tried this several dozen times and no matter what, it changes the fill type to linear before I ever get to the transparency step.