Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Can't activate new Designer Pro installation

I can't seem to activate a new installation of Xara Designer Pro X on my new computer build. When I enter the P2- serial number, the only option is to "Exit program." There is a red X to the right of the input box. What can I do? Thanks.

Default Re: Can't activate new Designer Pro installation

Hmmmmmmmm Are you sure it installed correctly or that your windows was a good and correct install? How about the drivers? Other than those I can't think of anything, I hope someone else can.
    Do you have a firewall or virus checker that could be blocking the installation? Did you run the XaraX installer as admistrator? Lots of questions and no answers from me. Sorry
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Quote Originally Posted by cursor View Post
    There is a red X to the right of the input box. What can I do? Thanks.
    The red X means the license key is wrong.
    Check it against the license key in your account on line.

That's a super answer Steve and makes sense to me.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Was having problems with a few Windoz Apps not updating so I did a restore which I hate doing. To cut story short same thing happened to me yesterday when I put the info Ser. No. from my account as Steve is suggesting but it was refused so I had to open a ticket at Xara. Found in the past that raising a ticket normally takes up to a week. Haven't checked email this morning. Maybe another thing that you can try is to uninstall and then reinstall by right clicking the exec. file and run as administrator.
    Design is thinking made visual.

Sledger had the right answer. Somehow the record that I keep of my software serial numbers was faulty. I searched through my emails for my receipt from Xara and entered the right code. Now I have a separate issue. "You have exceeded the maximum number of activations ..."

I guess I'll have to contact Xara.

I sent an email to Xara Support about five hours ago hoping to get this activation issue resolved. I'm happy to relate that they have fixed the problem already. Thanks Xara!