Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Newbie questions about Web Designer MX Premium

I just encountered this software and I'm thinking about purchasing it. Before I do I have 2 small questions:

1. For my new website I want to use e-commerce. I saw that you can use pay-pal. Ok. Except not all my potential customers have pay-pal or want it for one reason or another. So I also want that customers can use there regular credit cards like Mastercard without pay-pal. Is that possible?

2. For my new website I also want to make it possible that people can upload resume's in word or pdf format. Is this possible with MX Premium?
    Is it possible with MX Premium to implement a system that makes possible for users to make a user account to upload and manage what they have uploaded?

Thanks in advance!

Default Re: Newbie questions about Web Designer MX Premium

Xara Web Designer isn't capable of any of those things natively. Though it does include some other widgets like Google checkout, ecwid and others.
    The good thing about WD is you can use placedholders to add even third party code and widgets. So, if you can find an online system that offers the features you require as embeddable code or widgets, you're in luck.

Default Re: Newbie questions about Web Designer MX Premium

Yason, you should download the trial - it's fully functional.

Web Designer MX is great for static websites, but if you look at the feature list it does not include e-commerce functionality, though people have integrated Xara sites with shopping carts and the like. Uploading of documents, user accounts, CMS functionality are not supported out of the box, though people have added some CMS capability, some User Account capability, etc by using standard facilities that come with a web host or just plain HTML-based software.

Xara software's sweet spot is WYSIWYG design freedom for static sites of small to medium size.

Anyway, play with the demo and see if you like it.