Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default can anybody here here help?

Got some cheap music making software called Music Maker 4 and as it was published by the same people who publish Xara proucts, I thought why not combine music, photography, animation and graphics. But here's my question, how can I combine what I've done on both into one project and will let them know how I did this

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	twin dragon.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	136.6 KB 
ID:	93973

Default Re: can anybody here here help?

That looks like a Magix product. At the present time I don't believe you can play sounds with Xara images or animations, except maybe on a web site where you also incoprorate some kind of sound player, but that's something I know nothing about. I think Gary P had a tutorial about that on XaraXone.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

you will need a video editing program to combine the visual animation made with xara and the sound-track made with music-maker

I am sure magix would be pleased to sell you another program to do this with, however there are a few free ones around too... and that includes a free one from microsoft that you can run under windows:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/w...er-get-started

this is fine for just adding background music, after that it can get complicated

note on import file types here:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/272363

so you would need to save animations as .AVI and for images probably JPG/JPEG would be ok
    Last edited by handrawn; 09 January 2013 at 07:30 PM.

So it is doable? Cool. Thanks for that information handrawn.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

doable yes, in the sense that once you have an animation you can then map a background sound track to it, but a lot of planning involved in order to get it right

if on the other hand you want to map animation to sound as in lip-sync you need something a bit more sophisticated [and probably not free if you want to finish it any time soon]

If it doesn't work, here's the tip:-
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klrzj...yer_detailpage

(sorry about the frame rate)

Well that link only has video but no sound, so the how to is still a mystery.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

I decided that as I've combined photography, graphics and animation I though why not go all the way and do music (I should haVE spealt MAGIC as MAGIX). Anyway, one of the media students I work with suggested I make a music video and I decide I've got nothing to prove so I've got nothing to lose so I might as well go for it. If it doesn't work out, I can't say I haven't given it a go.

Exactly the right attitude....you'll go far if you try even when there's nothing but the experience in it for you.....and most of the time that experience is worth more than anything else anyway.....smart thinking....
    Ed......:-)

All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you.
    -Gandalf (from Lord of the Rings) - Xara s/w - Xara Designer Pro X11