Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Need help publishing a printable document

I created a website for our Boxer rescue program which includes an Adoption Application. The application looks perfect but when viewers attempt to print it, it's tiny. I imported a PDF then edited it to make the spacing and lines correct.

Default Re: Need help publishing a printable document

You could always put a copy of the .pdf in a folder on the site, and link to it from the webpage.

Thanks, I was hoping to avoid using the PDF but may have to go that route.

PDF is really great for printing as long as you keep your page more or less letter size.

And it is easy to add a PDF file to your website. Create a link, go to Website Properties > Link > Link to File (PDF, AVI, etc.) and browse to find the PDF file.

When you publish your website, Xara uploads the PDF as well.

Hi k9rtist, could you supply a link to your adoption application page?
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Hi k9rtist, could you supply a link to your adoption application page?
    http://www.boxerrebound.com/xpffff1.htm
    I tried deleting the old document, reformating the PDF and reimporting it into the site. I also tried to create a link to the PDF but that did not work at all. I'm sorry to say I am not proficient in web design which is why I bought Xara Web Designer. I miss FrontPage.

k9, I dislike pdf files also but there are times when it's the best option to use. The method that you are trying to use requires the visitor to print off 3 seperate browser screens. I suggest you just supply a pdf of the adoption form for your vistor to print.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

When I imported the PDF it arrived as three separate pages so that is how I published it. When I attempted to link to the PDF on my hard drive the link did not work. I am considering making the application a bitmap but I don't know if the size would be correct for print. Appreciate the help - I am quite lost.

What I do is create a folder on the site called "forms" using Filezilla.
    Then I upload the .pdf into that folder. Call it something simple without any spaces.
    Then create a link or button on the site, and use the "link" option to point to the .pdf inside the forms folder, and choose the option that opens a new tab.