Quote Originally Posted by trukkerz View Post
hi first of all a big thank you to champ for these superb tutorials - you have put a lot of effort into them well done - just one thing I have just watched number 12 (layers) and you say all new layers should be dragged inbetween the mouseoff and mouseover layers ?? is this correct as I have never done that and never had a problem or is it just a preference thing ??

keep up the good work - cheerz
Its more of a strong recommendation than an absolute have to do thing. The Mouse-Over layer is for revealing hidden objects so placing something above a hidden layer is somewhat counter-intuitive. I think having it between the mouse-off and mouse-over layers to keep everything organized is better and will lead to less errors. Also the Mouse-Over layers is a special layer and you don't want to accidentally change the name thinking it is an ordinary layer. So by keeping the special layer for mouse-off at bottom and mouse-over at the top it lessens that chance of causing errors in your web design site. In other words any layers you create in between those layers will be layers you created and named. You could have multiple layers that have different names and if your mouse-over layer is mixed in with those names it is very easy to make a mistake and re-name it. In general I don't think it is a good practice to put static content or stationary content above a mouse-over layer. I may have to add a note of clarification though to the video so thanks for the insight.