Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How would one go about creating an image as attached, in Xara X? I tried but got nowhere...

I could not even get the lines to twist that way... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] The brush feature would for sure come in handy for this... but I could not get the spacing right [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

The image was created by a designer named Takenobu Igarachi, as a poster for the Kanagawa Art Festival, 1984 (Japan.) The image is used for educational purposes so I don't think I can get anyone in trouble for posting it. If a moderator is of a different opinion, they may delete this... without any hard feelings from my part [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

What do you guys and gals think?

Risto

risto@ristoklint.com

Visit my web site!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	JAPAN.jpg 
Views:	457 
Size:	41.9 KB 
ID:	11958  

How would one go about creating an image as attached, in Xara X? I tried but got nowhere...

I could not even get the lines to twist that way... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] The brush feature would for sure come in handy for this... but I could not get the spacing right [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

The image was created by a designer named Takenobu Igarachi, as a poster for the Kanagawa Art Festival, 1984 (Japan.) The image is used for educational purposes so I don't think I can get anyone in trouble for posting it. If a moderator is of a different opinion, they may delete this... without any hard feelings from my part [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

What do you guys and gals think?

Risto

risto@ristoklint.com

Visit my web site!

Looks a lot like a Smith Chart. You might look to see how the chart type is created. Rich

Name:	smith.jpg 
Views:	424 
Size:	28.7 KB 
ID:	17673  

I was going to go to bed about 3 hours ago!!!;-)
    I had to have a go at your challenge. Here's my effort. It could do with a lot more work, but I have to sleep some time!
    As Rich say's it looks a great deal like a Smith chart, but what the hell that is I've no idea. I'll have to do a search on the internet. Meanwhile this ones 100% XaraX.
    Egg
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Name:	spiral_challenge1.gif 
Views:	368 
Size:	196.5 KB 
ID:	15340  
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

The image above was created using blends converted to shapes. A brush of a single red dot was then created and aplied to the lines. After this it was a matter of copying lines and applying different line widths an strokes.
    During this drawibg I got a very odd error which I've never come across before. I attach a screen grab.
    Egg

Name:	!error.gif 
Views:	371 
Size:	7.9 KB 
ID:	12558  
    Egg

.......and came up with the following:
    What is it?
    It is a polar plot of the complex reflection coefficient (called gamma herein), or also known as the 1-port scattering parameter s or s11, for reflections from a normalised complex load impedance z = r + jx; the normalised impedance is a complex dimensionless quantity obtained by dividing the actual load impedance ZL in ohms by the characteristic impedance Zo (also in ohms, and a real quantity for a lossless line) of the transmission line.

The contours of z = r + jx (dimensionless) are plotted on top of this polar reflection coefficient (complex gamma) and form two orthogonal sets of intersecting circles. The centre of the SMITH chart is at gamma = 0 which is where the transmission line is "matched", and where the normalised load impedance z=1+j0; that is, the resistive part of the load impedance equals the transmission line impedance, and the reactive part of the load impedance is zero.

The complex variable z = r + jx is related to the complex variable gamma by the formula

1 + gamma
    z = r+jx = -----------
    1 - gamma

and of course, the inverse of this relationship is

z - 1 (r-1) + jx
    gamma = -------- = ------------
    z + 1 (r+1) + jx

Which was found here

So now you all know!
    Egg

If you want to view the xar file.....
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

I knew that! Sure I did. I'm mean ya I do. I've known it since I was a little kid. Little kid - ya that's the ticket. To be perfectly honest, I've definitely known that stuff since I was a little kid.

Thanks for reminding me.

Regards, Ross

PS - I like your design