Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A TG New Year!

Default Re: A TG New Year!

I managed not to be struck by any bullets falling to ground after being fired into the air at midnight.

Happy New Year, All!

I have three New Years' Resolutions, and it's midday on the 1st and I've kept 'em all so far:

1. A specific resolution to mind my blood sugars more diligently. I've been a diabetic for over ten years, and the last two have been rough, and I only have myself to blame. Back in the 75-150 groove for over a week now.

2. A general one to try to reflexively practice tolerance, compassion, and giving when engaged in discourse with friends, strangers, novices, and especially the occasional dip. Seriously, there's a very profound and humbling saying I hear around Christmas, that, "Sometimes those who need love the most are those who deserve it the least." So I'll try to keep that in the forefront of my mind.

3. Not to write "2012" on the first check I make out this year.

My Best,

Gary
    Last edited by Gare; 01 January 2013 at 04:57 PM. Reason: I wrote 2012 instead of 2013

Happy New Year Gare! I found this line "Sometimes those who need love the most are those who deserve it the least." interesting and so true.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Happy right back atch, Larry!

Make any resolutions you can legally, ethically, and morally keep...and share with us?

;)

-g

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

My New years resolutions:

I guess my new years resolution is simply to try to be a better person.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

I don't know how that could be possible, Frances.

;)

-g

Happy New Year all....

My NYR (not New York Rangers) is to focus much more on my music. I love playing the ukulele but I've neglected the piano (my first instrument), the guitar (my 2nd instrument) and the harmonica for this beautiful instrument. I've vowed, pledged, whatever you call it to restart the learning on all of the other instruments as they are fun to play, not to mention, it's useful when playing with a group of people to know as many instruments as possible at some depth. My friend wants my piano expertise, unfortunately right now it's not very experse....is that a word?

I will continue also to keep learning more on Xara as time permits. These have all come about by my learning of Bill Taylor's passing..It's made me think of whatever time I may have left, be it 1 day or 50 years..I'm 62 and don't wish to have regrets so need to follow my talents with proper practice.
    Ed......:-)

All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you.
    -Gandalf (from Lord of the Rings) - Xara s/w - Xara Designer Pro X11

I wish you a great and a healthy 2013

Hans

A belated happy new year to everyone here. Have a fantastic year and may God be with you and yours.
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk