Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default exporting banner page HTML

hello all, I have used got web designer premium to make some banners for a website that I use frequently.
    You are able to make your own banners and upload them to the website for approval.

They need to have HTML code and need to be either jPG or GIF, but it must have the full HTML line of code to upload to the website to be approved first for display to the public.

There are free websites that make banners but they are limited in what you can do as far as images and text.

I got this program as I thought it would be much easier to make my ones.

It is about 700+ in length and about 60+ in height from memory I have added text and pictures of myself as well, it is very handy program.

I tried exporting is jPG and GIf but it is putting the image and the whole page which was created instead of the banner.
    Just wondering if it is possible to have the whole HTML code and what am I doing wrong to have the whole page.

I am a quadriplegic and enjoy the other programs I have purchased, 3-D maker 7 is a marvellous product.

Anyway if anybody could assist I would appreciate it, regards Mark Sydney Australia

Default Re: exporting banner page HTML

mmmm what i would do is create a form with an upload file button on it - take a look at

http://www.jotformeu.com/

cheerz

I don't think you can create banners that use animation in Xara the same way that these on-line banner creators do. Within Xara you can create an animation that is either gif or swf. Animated gif's can only hold 256 colours so this method is limited. swf's use Flash animation, which is ideal for this type of routine, however is now rapidly becoming outdated as not all platforms support Flash plug-ins, so this is no longer a route to follow. The only other way of creating animations is via Xara's link transition effect but this requires a viewers input (on click) to trigger such an event, which obviously you don't wish to include in a banner.

I'm not aware of any widgets that will include time-line based animations that you can use in Xara.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    I don't think you can create banners that use animation in Xara the same way that these on-line banner creators do. Within Xara you can create an animation that is either gif or swf. Animated gif's can only hold 256 colours so this method is limited. swf's use Flash animation, which is ideal for this type of routine, however is now rapidly becoming outdated as not all platforms support Flash plug-ins, so this is no longer a route to follow. The only other way of creating animations is via Xara's link transition effect but this requires a viewers input (on click) to trigger such an event, which obviously you don't wish to include in a banner.

I'm not aware of any widgets that will include time-line based animations that you can use in Xara.
    hello there thank you for the input, I only need 256 anyway, I thought this was a programme that would do it all, I could have saved my money it seems I also bought photo graphic designer as well.
    I already have 3D version 6 and version 7.
    Graphic designer it's good to make shapes in and then I copied them into 3-D maker and make emoticons with the picture on each side, instead of making 12 I only have to make six so it saves a lot of time and it looks better to.

All that was a bit of a waste of money buying the program, what a shame, when you look at the demonstration videos that look so good, I will it may come in handy in the future, I'm doing IT is well.

Thank you for the input and also the other person, I will have a look at their website, thank you very much regards Mark

If you only need 256 colours you could possibly create such banners in Xara. Perhaps you could supply some more information re the banners your producing.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    If you only need 256 colours you could possibly create such banners in Xara. Perhaps you could supply some more information re the banners your producing.
    I already make a lot of emoticons in 3-D maker 7 with some buttons also text rotating all different types of things, is a wonderful program but has limitations, I was questioning about it in the forum that I wanted to put a photo on both sides of different picture and possibly photo on one side and text on the other so people were helping me with that to do different pictures on each side after such a long time, we create the square or which have a shape in graphic designer and put it into 3-D maker then at the photos, very handy because there are only limited shapes of design in 3-D maker.

Anyway back to the subject I'm wanting to make a better something like 649x70 any such number like that, I want to be to put text and graphics on it which I had already done in Web designer but now I find I cannot make the HTML code as well which I need to be uploaded to a website for approval before they can be displayed.

I thought this program would be able to do it because it was a specific web designing program. a lot of people make these banners on a number of free sites but they have limitations and other people have other programs, I think they use may be photo shop or other graphical programs to do so.
    I do have photo shop but it's a bit too complicated as I have never used it to make these things, I was trying to read some articles about it.

Anyway that's what I want to do, I hope you can understand that explanation, thank you for your reply regards Mark