Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default How to import an Adobe Freehand file?

I have received a couple of email attachments that have a .FH7 file extension. Is it possible to import this type of file into Xara Designer Pro X?

Default Re: How to import an Adobe Freehand file?

I don't think so Curtis. I have a copy of Fireworks that will import FH7 files. It can export to ai7. If you like, send them to me and I'll see what I can do with them.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thanks for your kind offer. Is it possible for me to attach the two files to a private message (rather than to a public post)?

Give it a try Curtis
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

You might be able to do it, will depend on the size of files. Egg might PM you a working email address and then you could do it that way.
    Design is thinking made visual.

Cheers Albacore, that's the way we did it in the end. Results weren't great and I eventually had to export from Fireworks as a .psd and .ai to get a working vector drawing into Xara.
    Egg

Do you want me to try with one file as I have FH MX which has a good PDF filter and far better font engine. PM me if you want help.
    Design is thinking made visual.