Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Re: In Memory of Bill Taylor (Soquili) 1949-2012

Very sad to hear this news. Bill was a patient and generous contributor to this community and he leaves a worthy legacy in the programs and drawings he created and in the creations of the many people he helped along the way.

We'll miss his regular and thoughtful contributions. Thanks Bill!

Phil

Rest In Peace fellow Xarian.

We'll miss him very much. He was one of the true founding core members of this community. It will never be the same without him. But the memories he left will live forever.
    John.

Our thoughts are with Bill's family.

I felt so honoured when Bill decided to use my drawing as his Avatar, here on TG.
    I can't exactly remember when it was, but, it was a few years ago I think.
    And in all that time, he never thought about changing it.
    A true honour, in my books.

The TG community will miss Bill very much and it honestly feels as though a family member has gone.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bill.jpg 
Views:	319 
Size:	41.6 KB 
ID:	93488
    Last edited by Rik; 11 December 2012 at 08:28 AM. Reason: image added

Featured Artist on Xara Xone . May 2011
    . A Shield . My First Tutorial
    . Bottle Cap . My Second Tutorial on Xara Xone

Bill, this is just not fair. May you find peace.

Soquili is an Native American Indian name. Bill was part Native American and was proud of his heritage. He joined TalkGraphics in 2000. But before that he was one of the people who always took a moment to send comments on work I had done in the Xara Xone. Bill also participated in every group show proudly sharing his most recent creations. I was happy to see his Xara skills develop over the years.

Here is one of Bill's more ambition efforts http://www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/...01/html/30.htm

Bill was also a very gentle man and a gentleman. He was measured and calm in his responses, which is not always easy in a forum that is a mixture of people and temperaments from all over the globe. But Bill helped everybody and was generous with his time and his knowledge of Xara and the intricacies of IT (Information Technology), which was the field in which he worked.

Bill helped old and new members almost every day. Will miss you Bill. And thanks for everything you did for our special Xara community. Your too early death leaves a big heart shaped hole in our world.
    Last edited by gwpriester; 12 December 2012 at 03:02 PM. Reason: typos

This is very sad news. I've seen Bill help me and many others on TG. He was a great member of this forum and a very good friend to many of us.
    My condolences and sympathy to Bill's family.

Dear Bill,

You will remain in my memory as a generous, caring, and talented person. There will be many folks, the world over, that will keep you in their hearts.

Your passing is a great loss for the TalkGrahphics Forum and the Xara community.

My deepest condolences to your family,
    John Clements
    Beaverton, Oregon

What a shock to read the sad news of Bill's passing. A generous, talented and patient man who always had time for any poster on the forum, new or old. He simply never gave up trying to help anyone who had a question, no matter how trivial the question. One of the pioneers of this forum he had vast knowledge about any subject raised here and would always come up with intelligent and helpful suggestions. A great great loss.

Bill, you will be sorely missed by everyone here and all those who have had the privilege to know you. Rest In Peace.

My sincere condolences to your family and friends.

Sammy

A little french village east of Dallas, TX called Forney And now Austria and Germany too

I will never forget Bill. He was such a helpful and kind soul, always ready with a kind word or useful advice. Bill was one of the foundations of the Xara user based community providing assistance at both forums and through the XaReg application. The Xara community is a richer place for having known Bill and a poorer place for having lost his voice. I will miss you Bill. I hope you go on to a better place.
    I'm never wrong. I thought I was wrong once but it turns out that I was mistaken.
    Web Templates. My Beginner Video Tutorials
    My Club. My Album.
    My Other Album. My Tutorial.

Sad news indeed. Rest well, Bill. You were ever helpful to any and all here on TG.

To Bill's family: So sorry for your loss. Bill was the first person from this forum that I "conversed" with via the personal messages. Once I saw Red Boiling Springs I had to get in touch. I have friends from that area and vacationed there every summer as a kid. Bill was a super guy and he will be missed by many. RIP Bill.
    Joe