Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default How to display lots of text in an organised fashion in Designer pro

Hi

I wonder if any one has any advise. Our company has about 50 distributors around the world and I want to list them on our website with tabs to sort by company, continent, country etc.

I can output the data from our database in Excell or csv format but there does not seem to be an easy way to "paste" into a table format in Xara. The details change alot so I do not want to have to reformat or manualy edit the various lists.

Any ideas?

Regards

Jim Russell

Default Re: How to display lots of text in an organised fashion in Designer pro

Sorry no easy way to format a drawn table in Xara. Really best to use something like Serif's PagPlus or a full blown html editor which can output to HTML as pages and can import CVS or you can copy & paste data into a table with ease.
    Design is thinking made visual.

England (Amongst the green rolling hills of the East Midlands)

Default Re: How to display lots of text in an organised fashion in Designer pro

My advice would be to export from your DB (or Excel) in TAB delimited format, as this will preserve the formatting needed to more easily layout your table Xara.

Paste the 'TABBED' text into a Xara Text paragraph, then turn on rulers and adjust your tab spacings on the ruler whilst you have all text highlighted.

Now simply decorate the text with whatever sort of table graphics you favour and Bob's your Dad's Brother!

[QUOTE=kickarsey;460415]Hi

"I can output the data from our database in Excell or csv format" [...]