Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default How do I create the sparkle effect in Designer Pro X?

I'd really like to be able to create the sparkle effect seen in the image below using Designer Pro X, but try as I may, I haven't figured out how to do this. It is a one-click effort in MediaChance's RealDraw.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sparkles-on-car.png 
Views:	313 
Size:	87.1 KB 
ID:	92848

The top image is the image without the sparkles; the one below it adds the sparkles, and the bottom image is just a black field on which the same sparkles are placed so you can see them without distraction.

Is there a (preferably easy) way to do this in Designer Pro X?

Thanks!

- Bal

Default Re: How do I create the sparkle effect in Designer Pro X?

I'm using Photo and designer 7 but I think its the same with designer pro .

When I need a sparkle , I do this :

Name:	sparkles.jpg 
Views:	3666 
Size:	18.7 KB 
ID:	92851

For more details : ( There is a circular transparency on the star too ) :

Name:	exemplesparkle.jpg 
Views:	255 
Size:	52.8 KB 
ID:	92852

Maybe there is an easier and better way to do , though ... Or a plugin ?

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

I do pretty much the same thing but sometimes I will add a gaussian blur ( live effects> soften filters> gaussian blur)for a bit of added softness, and you can add an extra node to the circular transparency by double clicking along the transparency handle.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Very cool - thank you!

Here's the result of a little experimentation per your fine suggestions.

Name:	sparkles-on-car2.png 
Views:	212 
Size:	53.3 KB 
ID:	92863

It is still a much easier to do a sparkle in RealDraw - since it provides a Sparkle tool
    on the toolbar. But it is much more pleasant to do work in one program if I can,
    so having an easy way to do this in Designer Pro X is wonderful. Thanks again.

I think if I spent a little more time on it, I could generate some additional feathering
    (is that the right word?) on the sparkle to get it even closer to what I can create
    in RealDraw.

I'd like to suggest that since sparkles are a major part of the visual environment
    in which we all live, that Designer Pro X provide a "Sparkle" gallery, similar to the
    line, fill and bitmap galleries. After all, there are many different kinds of sparkles
    ranging from what you see when there are sharp edges to what you have when
    you walk by a puddle in the sunlight after a rain. I'm sure that we could come up
    with a dozen characterizations of different sparkling effects. And if we are doing
    an animation, the different kinds of sparkles could easily fade in, merge, diverge
    and fade out - having a tool that lets you place them easily would be a godsend.

- Bal

It's very nice , Wordmuse .
    I am a newbie to Xara software so I don't know how it would be possible to make sparkles more easily . Maybe some " pro " could create a sparkle brush ??
    Or a plugin ? Or read your suggestions .
    Plus, I'm not very fluent in english so it's not easy to explain as it would be in french ^^

I know such plugins exist in Photoshop and Paint.Net , you have some customed brushes for stars, sparkles , etc ... In Inkscape , for exemple, you have a random tool who would be wonderful in Xara too . Though , it is always better to create its own sparkles so you can obtain exactly what you want . The good thing would be to save the sparkles you made and you like in .xar , to import and re-use them when you want .
    Last edited by Cliodna; 30 October 2012 at 02:30 PM.

You could make a folder of all kinds of sparkles for all occasions and then you would have them ready made and for instant use. Put the folder somewhere safe and add the folder of sparkles to the design gallery.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

I agree - I could - and over time, I will. Just sayin'