Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help

Hybrid View

Default Re: Help

I have ran across a couple of webpages that state any graphics designed with an Xara program then belong to Xara is this true.
    if you use some of the example art in your drawings then you have possibly breached copyright

there was [I think] a time when Xara reserved rights on drawings created with trial versions - not sure if this still applies
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    ...there was [I think] a time when Xara reserved rights on drawings created with trial versions - not sure if this still applies
    If so, it isn't / wouldn't have been a legally enforceable right. Certainly not in the US. If this was once stipulated, it would have been pretty silly nonsense.

Take care, Mike

Quote Originally Posted by mwenz View Post
    If so, it isn't / wouldn't have been a legally enforceable right. Certainly not in the US. If this was once stipulated, it would have been pretty silly nonsense.

Take care, Mike
    Hi Mike - what I meant of course was that rights were reserved on all supplied material until the program was purchased, so any drawings created using any of this during the trial period, could have a problem after if the program was not purchased - guess I did'nt make that clear [and it may not have been Xara anyhow so it's moot]

EDIT: found it, taken from the xara X1 EULA:

If you are using the trial version of the Software then any rights to use the Software or images created with it terminates with the expiration of the trial period.
    AND THAT IS STILL IN THE CURRENT LICENSE [Section C TERM end of para] ... go figure exactly what it means
    Last edited by handrawn; 02 September 2012 at 08:37 AM. Reason: add stuff correct stuff I love licenseese
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

@handrawn--pretty vague. Simple English says any images I create *before* the trial is over can no longer be used in any fashion *after* the trial period. Which is wholly nonenforceable.

@Jbruce,

You can export from Xara to an Adobe EPS format from the export menu choice.

Successful translation of the elements from Xara format to EPS will depend upon the elements themselves and any effects that are applied to them. Some effects do not translate well. There is a couple page thread here which contains some of those issues:

http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...o-EPS-problems

Take care, Mike

Jbruce

I would create a PDF or PDF/X file. If you have used any specific fonts that your client does not have, you can convert your text to editable shapes (but keep a copy of the document with the fonts not converted in case you need to edit the text).

As Frances mentioned, a PDF document will include all vector objects and can be imported and edited in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.

An EPS file is not intended to be edited. EPS files are intended to be "placed" in publishing applications such as InDesign and QuarkXPress, and output for printing.

I don't use a trial version, I have bought the Xara program, and I am trying to learn the ins and outs. I am new at this whole computer graphics thing but I hand draw pretty well, Trying to incorporate the hand drawn and the computer graphic thing so I can sell this design I created but I don't understand file source and EPS and all this other computer jargon. I have been offered 500 dollars for this design/Logo but he wants full access to the file so he can edit text and colors if need be. Example how do i make a zip folder that he wants and how do I make it an EPS vector File. Also I have saved my drawing in a master file so if I can turn that into a ZIP that will probably be fine right.