Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default How to get started

I am looking for a list of tutorials in order to learn how to use Photo and Graphics Designer 2013.
    In my search there are a lot of tutorials but they don't seem to apply to me as they are either too
    technical or don't refer to my product. Thanks a lot!

Default Re: How to get started

Welcome to TalkGraphics

Go to the Help menu and click on Movies.

This will take you to the Xara site where you can select different videos that will give you a good overview of the features and how they work.

Also, with any tool selected press F1 for a context sensitive menu that deals with the selected tool.

In any menu/dialog that has a Help button, press this button for context sensitive information and options.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	movies.png 
Views:	94 
Size:	11.2 KB 
ID:	91788  

Thanks for your response. I know this sounds completely insane but I can't figure out how to get to the web site to use Photo and Graphics Designer. Every website I wind up at wants to sell me the product. I am technically challenged and am not a quick study which obviously portends poor omens. I have purchased and registered the product. Please bear with me.

Something quick for you.
    Hope this helps a little.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	movies.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	53.3 KB 
ID:	91799
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Yanotk View Post
    I am technically challenged and am not a quick study which obviously portends poor omens.
    whatever your problems getting started, you're in good hands on this forum
    you will not find a better forum for people helping people, whatever their skill level, anywhere on the interwebs
    get in your xara boat, hoist the main sail and prepare for a world of wonder and discovery

oh, matron, is it time for my pills already? Name:  35.gif
Views: 144
Size:  2.5 KB
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Here is a link to the tutorials index at Xara.com http://www.xara.com/us/resources/ Just select your Xara product and you will get a list of videos pertaining to that version. And Don't be afraid to ask questions here at TG

We love to help new users get their feet wet!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

You are asking an open ended question. I'm not sure what you want to "start." There are MANY tutorials and videos. Photo and Graphics Designer 2013 is a versatile program. It is great for working with photos and other pixel based images. However, it is primarily a vector based drawing program. If you don't understand the terms vector or pixel (or bitmap) image, you can get lots of info by simply doing a quick Google search. Photo and Graphics Designer 2013 has other capabilities too, that allow you to create a website.

The building blocks of EVERY project is working with images and drawings. First, you will need to decide what your project is. Next, open one of the page templates that will fit your project. The templates start with common pages suitable for working with photos, websites or print. You can create a custom page too. Now you need to either bring an image onto the page to manipulate or combine with other objects that you can create from scratch. You can work with both bitmap images (like photos) and drawings (vector based images) at the same time. After creating or manipulating your objects, you can finish it off with a background. To create a website, you simply publish or export it as a website. There is no need for any HTML, the program takes care of it for you. These steps are the rough beginnings of every project.

You are not going to find one all inclusive tutorial or video that explains everything you want to know. You will need to break your project down in to smaller steps, then find specific help for a specific problems or challenges.
    Mike Emerson The Graphics Factory, Freelance Graphic Artist