Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Climbing Rope Pattern Brush

Hello,

I no longer user Xara software as much as I used to - I will admit to that as I have been busy elsewehere. I still use Xara on the odd occassion.

However, I would like to incorporate a Climbing Rope Pattern into my Scout project that I am currently working on. I would like to replicate this Climbing Rope Pattern into a Xara brush as can be seen here at http://vector.tutsplus.com/tutorials...pattern-brush/

Before I waste too much time replicating it, is it possible for me to do this in Xara if I was to follow their instructions or have they use any specific Adobe Illustrator instructions?

I am aware of Xara rope brushes being available but not the climbing rope effect.

Thank you, DiscoverIT

Default Re: Climbing Rope Pattern Brush

The best way to find out is to try it. I think you could recreate most of the steps in Xara and if there are some you cannot, then see if you can figure out a work around.

I think there will be problems with the pattern at the stroke bends in xara...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

you can draw the brush pattern in Xara no problem, however you will need to use a much skinnier chunk than this tutorial does to actually make the brush, and even then you will need to avoid sharp bends. you wont be able to do tight coils.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

The tut. is written for Adobe Illustrator CS3, and you can recreate the steps from #1 to #9 in XD versions, then modify only the two rows and you must add a shape behind the 2 rows, i have tried it in Xara, very hard, all curves must be very smooth but for ellipses and big radius looks good.
    Attached image is the best what i could create in XDP
    BP
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RopeBrush.jpg 
Views:	327 
Size:	196.6 KB 
ID:	91324  
    Im in love with Xara X / BP
    Friends, I apologize for my broken English
    My TG Albums: http://www.talkgraphics.com/album.php?u=20432

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

That looks good Mohamed, that's about what I was thinking of when I said to use a skinnier chunk I have been busy today and haven't had a lot of time to experiment.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.