Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Updated and lost ability to export arrows to pdf!

I've just updated and now when I export a pdf, and lines with arrow heads just export the lines - ie no arrowheads present! This is particularly annoying as I'm in the middle of jobs and clients are coming back to me with "where are the arrows!" - can you help please!!

Default Re: Updated and lost ability to export arrows to pdf!

Works fine here in DPX 8.1.1.22437
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Soquili; 19 June 2012 at 09:13 PM. Reason: changed title of reply

hi steve - thers a seperate thread going for this: http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...-arrows-to-pdf!

Edit ah I see you got it - anyhow it will direct discussion that way on this point I guess
    Last edited by Soquili; 19 June 2012 at 09:13 PM. Reason: changed title of reply
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Yep, just saw that
    Last edited by Soquili; 19 June 2012 at 09:14 PM. Reason: changed title of reply

I merged the posts from the update announcement thread into this thread.
    Last edited by Soquili; 19 June 2012 at 09:14 PM. Reason: changed title of reply
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

I am experiencing this same problem in a presentation I am preparing. Arrowheads do not appear in the exported PDF. Through a lot of fooling around I found something that seems to work in my case, though it's likely not a full characterization of this problem (which looks like a bug to me). Here is what I observed:

I had one layer (call it layer 1) with some lines in repeating groups ("repeat on all pages"). There was also some text objects on this layer. My arrows were on a different layer (layer 2).

I found that when I moved the text objects out of layer 1, so that only the repeating groups were in there, then presto, my arrowheads appeared again in my exported PDF.

I wonder if the original poster has some similar setup, where moving objects around the layers changes things. Like I said, sounds kind of buggy.
    Last edited by Soquili; 19 June 2012 at 09:12 PM. Reason: changed title of reply

This is an update to my previous post: after experiencing further problems and doing more experiments, it seems that the problem arises when lines with arrowheads are above any text objects on the page. When I move all text objects above all arrows in the page & layer gallery, then I am able to see all my arrowheads in the exported PDF. Note, the objects do not have to be overlapping for this problem to arise, it seems to depend only on their relative position in the P&L gallery.