Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default How to create liquid page height/width

I'm using a CMS (SimpleCMS) to allow my client to edit the special events page on this page. On occasiion the photo or text will more than fill the page height or width, usually by 10-20%. I've hacked around with the in-line Xara cms but can't get it to work for either of the possibilities below. What can I do to either:
    - adjust the page height and width to fit the content
    - adjust the image to fit the content area

Thanks for your help.

Default Re: How to create liquid page height/width

Hi Doc,

Problem is that you will always need to hack the code Xara generates with each changed/new page. Have a read in this thread:
    http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...CMS-What-to-do

And a member here has a CMS for use with Xara, that too might be an option as you do not need to hack around. It's a pay to use CMS, but I believe it would be easier. Disclaimer: I have not used it.

Take care, Mike

Not sure if the previous reply went through.

Thanks Mike. Can you give me a link to the xara-compatible cms you mentioned? I've used SimpleCMS for years on non-xara html so this might be helpful.

Sure Doc--
    http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...light=xtom+cms

Is a thread that announced and discussed it. XTom's web site is in the first post.

Take care, Mike

After looking at xt-cms and the last comment in the thread you provided, I don't think it that will address my problem. That cms (like the one I used) doesn't change the content area dimensions for content that goes beyond the original size of the div that contains it. Is there a way in XPRo to set the div width and/or height to change as the content dimensions change?

By default dynamic content served via a placeholder will be constrained to the width of the placeholder/div but the dynamic content will extend downwards. You can make it behave differently by editing placeholder code but in most typical cases this default behaviour is fine. Looking at your example page I think you might be looking for the dynamic page tweak which will make the page/footer extend down.
    XT-CMS - a self-hosted CMS for Xara Designers - Xara + CMS Demo with blog & ecommerce shopping cart system.

I've downloaded the tweak set and will experiment. Thanks xtom.