Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: another pdf issue - this time with font "returns" not exporting correctly

The line and the text can be on the same layer as long as the line in lower in the Z-stack than the text. The arrowhead will be included in the pdf.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Default Re: another pdf issue - this time with font "returns" not exporting correctly

Clearly there's a bug involved somewhere, but at least there are some fairly easy ways to export to PDF and retain arrow heads (and tails) in DPX.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Another solution is to convert your arrow to an editable shape (arrange > convert line to shape) Then it will export to pdf just fine no matter how you have it in the stack.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

thanks for the work-arounds. Given it worked fine in v7 it's not really acceptable. I use Xara all the time making scientific posters and use a lot of arrows and also tables with "returns" in the text (see other thread). upgrading to v8 has just caused extra work and hassle, and i am on the verge of going back to v7