Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default How to Print Published Web Site from Browser

I'm using Xara Designer Pro 7 on Windows XP Pro.

The website I'm working on has blue background with grey text.

How do I get the published website to print from browser, without the blue background? Esentially, I'd like the pictures and text to show up on white background.

Many thanks for your help.

Default Re: How to Print Published Web Site from Browser

Right click the layer in the page and layer gallery and select layer properties then click the will not print check box.

Thank you for your quick response. It's great to see you have done tutorials, I'm going to check your links out.

Just checked and the "Background layer (will not print)" is already checked.

Forgive my lack of knowledge in this area too. My issue is both wanting no background color and having the text print black, rather than gray.

Here's a link to the site I'm working on.

http://www.creativebusinesresources.com/cave/index.htm

Again, thanks for helping.

If you mean not display background colour you can ctrl+drag no-colour to the pasteboard or the page.

Name:  no-color.jpg
Views: 216
Size:  6.0 KB

Most of those tutorials are by Gary Priester

Thanks again for your reply. We do want the background color to display. If you view the website in a browser and want to print the page, the issues is it prints the entire background of blue. And the text is not easy to read.

After reasearching, I found some people created a PDF document and placed a link "Click here for printable version" for folks to print info. That would resolve the issue. However, I wonder if the Xara website could be created or saved in a manner to display background color and not print background color.

Also, I noitce sites I created in Dreamweaver don't have this issue - printing the entire background color of a website from the IE browser.

If you click Print Preview on this link (site built in Dreamweaver), it seems like it will print without background:

http://www.woodmanparkbuilders.com/

If you click Print Preview on this link (site built in Xxara), it will print with background.

http://www.creativebusinesresources.com/cave/index.htm

Any other thoughts are greatly appreciated. Thank you.
    Last edited by hotrodsue; 26 June 2012 at 08:37 PM. Reason: clarification

Check you web browsers Print > Page Setup dialog. Most allow you to select printing the background color and.or images or to no print the background color and/or image.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update