Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: Site update and new mobile site

Looks lovely with the new background Frances.

I tried the mobile 'button' and all works well.

I have attached a screen shot of the view i'm given when I look at the mobile site on a 'Samsung Galaxy 2' : but i'd wait for some others to report back with findings first as it may be just my phone set-up. (on mine the cut-off on the right edge misses off the 'E' from Sunshine)

If someone is on the mobile site and wants to go back to the main site, is there a link back?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gms.png 
Views:	174 
Size:	224.3 KB 
ID:	90528

From the 'thoughts to ponder' section on Your site: "If one synchronized swimmer drowns do the rest have to drown too?"
    “When everybody thinks alike, Everyone is likely to be wrong”
    http://antonybrook.co.uk/index.htm

Very nice update, the background is really good and I have tried the sudoku (or should I say tried and failed) just one thing the go to top arrow doesn't seem to work in opera.
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk

Well done, I think it is important we aim for the mobile 'market' like this. Just a couple of important notes so far: The Angelize QR code did not work with my iPhone, and this reader has never failed until today, but a great idea nonetheless. For both Angelize AND gwpriester, the sites start out not centered on the screen, a double tap fixes this, but I have noticed on both sites, that the page still floats left or right after the double-tap. BUT, if you click an option on the menu, the site THEN becomes fixed and does not float anymore. This occurs on both sites and I am sure that either of you will figure out that final step to center and lock the screen on the initial landing. This is NOT a criticism of course, you have both done a great job to fit your mobile versions onto a phone screen, which, as you have pointed out, is very important these days, and if we can offer this option to our clients as a value-added or extra cost service, it is win for everyone. If I can get away from the constraints of using jquery for my mobile sites, I will have much more control if i can use Xara for the mobile version of each site I create. Good job so far guys.