Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Nested DIVs in Xara?

Hello all,

A first post:

I want to use a jquery scrolling script. It uses nested DIVs such as:

<div id="scrollbar1">
    <div class="scrollbar"><div class="track"><div class="thumb"><div class="end"></div></div></div></div>
    <div class="viewport">
    <div class="thestuff">
    "Stuff from another page or group"
    </div>
    </div>
    </div>

I want to have "thestuff" DIV include another page or text box or group.

If I fill "thestuff" with text in the web properties "include in head" section such as:
    =============================================
    <div id="scrollbar1">
    <div class="scrollbar"><div class="track"><div class="thumb"><div class="end"></div></div></div></div>
    <div class="viewport">
    <div class="thestuff">
    <h3>Magnis dis parturient montes</h3>
    <p>Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Ut vitae velit at velit pretium sodales. Maecenas egestas imperdiet mauris, vel elementum turpis iaculis eu. Duis egestas augue quis ante ornare eu tincidunt magna interdum. Vestibulum posuere risus non ipsum sollicitudin quis viverra ante feugiat. Pellentesque non faucibus lorem. Nunc tincidunt diam nec risus ornare quis porttitor enim pretium. Ut adipiscing tempor massa, a ullamcorper massa bibendum at. Suspendisse potenti. In vestibulum enim orci, nec consequat turpis. Suspendisse sit amet tellus a quam volutpat porta. Mauris ornare augue ut diam tincidunt elementum. Vivamus commodo dapibus est, a gravida lorem pharetra eu. Maecenas ultrices cursus tellus sed congue. Cras nec nulla erat.</p>

</div>
    </div>
    </div>
    =================================
    then all works okay.

Question is: Is it possible to include another page or text box or textbox/graphic groups a replacement for the data in the "thestuff" DIV?

if I could somehow do;

<div> (put into web properties head)
    then a xara text box, graphic, etc.

then somehow close of the div after including the xara stuff.

So any assistance appreciated.

regards

Ramonskovitch

Default Re: Nested DIVs in Xara?

Hi Ramonskovitch welcome to TG

Question is: Is it possible to include another page or text box or textbox/graphic groups a replacement for the data in the "thestuff" DIV?
    You need an iframe :-
    Code:
    <iframe src ="path_and_file_name.htm" width="100%" height="100%" frameborder="0" scrolling="no">
      <p>Your browser does not support iframes.</p>
    </iframe>
    <div> (put into web properties head)
    then a xara text box, graphic, etc.
    Div elements should go in the body section

Hi Ramonskovitch,
    You can include a text box created in xara by typing any character at the beginning of the text box highlight it and create a place holder select "replace with html code (body)" and Type <div id="scrollbar1">
    <div class="viewport">
    <div class="thestuff">
    Select "Apply".
    This will create your opening div tags.
    Then at the end of your text box using another character highlight and create placeholder select "replace with html code (body)" and Type

</div>
    </div>
    </div>
    Select "Apply".
    Which will give you your closing div tags :-)
    You can also use "paste photo bitmap embedded"(mx only) to add an image ;-) Otherwise you need another placeholder for an image :-)

Can you post a working example of this please James?

I apologies, you also need to give the text box the name htmlblocktext for this to work :-)
    Of course Ramonskovitch will also need to include his Jquery file in the <Head> section ;-)
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi Jamesd,

This gets very close to what i want to achieve, thank you. Last part of the puzzle is how (if its possible!) to have repelled image over the top of the text (given that as an htmlblocktext now the text is all essentially an <p> block).

Thanks