Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Links won't open once published

Hello everyone,

I'm using Web Designer MX Premium and I haven't had this issue with any of the other WD's before, but now when I publish my site the links to any other page do not open when clicked on.

If I right click them and choose "open in new window" or "open in new tab" it will work, but I cannot just click and open in the same window.

Any suggestions?

Default Re: Links won't open once published

Make sure the text, if you are referring to text links, is on top (Arrange > Bring to Front).

Same thing with linked buttons or graphics.

Thank You gwpriester for the response.
    The links are on top. I've been working on this all day and still haven't figured out the problem. I've used pre-made menus from the templates, I've created my own, I've tried using different layers, and I've tweaked and re-tweaked settings to no avail. I cannot figure out what has changed to cause this problem. Why would it allow me to open the links in a "new tab" but not in the same window? When I scroll over the links, a message window identifies the link at the bottom of my web browser (javascript:xr_qstart...) but I cannot click on the links themselves.

Any more ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by preechrboy View Post
    Any more ideas?
    Please post your xara file for inspection.

I have had this issue with a Designer X site - it proved to be compatibility mode in IE8.

Christine

I found the error and it has nothing to do with WD or me (for that matter). I visited some of the other websites designed with WB and realized that none of their links were working either. Then I visited them on another computer and realized that they were good links. Apparently, when I recently upgraded my avast! antivirus, internet security, and firewall it prevented me from opening the external links.

What a waste of time. Sorry for the false alarm.
    (*frustrated)