Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: Help with multiple resize and multiple rotate in Xara Designer Pro

Sledger's answer only applies if the objects that you want to modify are all clones / instances of the same base object.

I interpret your query as wanting a method of selecting a number of unique objects and transforming each of them within their own local space.

Example: Select 3 separate objects (each of which is in a different position on the page) and rotate each by 45 degrees about its center, or shrinking each to 50% size towards its top-left corner.

So far as I know there is no simple way to achieve this in Xara (any version). Transforms are performed on the entire group, not the individual elements within a selection.

Paste attributes will not work since it ignores scaling and rotation.

Unfortunately there isn't even a 'repeat the last action' command that would partially automate the procedure.

Don't know if anyone else has a smart work around for this scenario?

Default Re: Help with multiple resize and multiple rotate in Xara Designer Pro

Thanks for the answers. Yes, Ampa - you are spot on - that's exactly what I meant.
    I am a research scientist and xara is great for the preparation of figures.
    However, I struggle with this one thing - I often generate scatter plots from other packages and want to resize the individual points in xara. The only 'en masse' way I can do it at present is to thicken the lines. It works OK but is a bit clumsy. Equally, rotation of a group of squares to diamonds is impossible without individually changing the attributes for each - clearly not viable for a complex plot....

Perhaps it's an unusual application, but I have seen it on other packages - I use to use ArtWorks on an Acorn computer and that feature was included - I think it works on Inkscape as well. If anyone has any suggestions I would be very grateful.