Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default DPX bitmap tracer

OK. I have a JPG file of an LP album cover that has always been a problematic file for bitmap tracing. Even when it has traced "well enough" it was a PITA to do anything to the trace. Computer got extremely sluggish.

DPX did a fine job, I can move it around and alter it without much, if any, lag. The first trace I did had somewhere above 400k points. This one is in the 300k points.

Well done, Xara.

Take care, Mike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hot_tuna.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	100.4 KB 
ID:	89503  

Default Re: DPX bitmap tracer

interesting you say that Mike - I was thinking the program was generally faster myself, with regard to live effects....
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Hmm? I have not used the bitmap tracer in years. Has it changed at all? Or is the program just faster in general? Tighter code?

Good trace, Mike. You have to look carefully to see the differences.

Dunno, Gary.

I typically use something else. But when I first got XDP6, I ran into the slowness/lag issue on this particular image. When I got XDP7, I tried it again with the same lag. But DPX does it just fine, a slight lag when initially moving the trace, but then snappy.

If you want to waste a few minutes, this is about a 2.x meg FLV file. First it shows the already traced file opened in DP7, then DPX:
    http://www.wenzloffandsons.com/temp/clip0003_1_1.flv

Take care, Mike