I think Fred there is waxing way over the average person's head by mentioning the fibonnaci sequence! Last I heard that was on an episode of "Fringe", the almost popular sci-fi show.

Rules aremeant to be broke, but breaking them is usually the privilege of only those who understand the rules thoroughly to begin with. I disagree with text along a path (that it's not good), point size for body copy is relative to the font you use, and I agree with eliminating rivers, but Fred doesn't tell how, so I will.

In Xara, you highlight a line of text within paragraph text that has too much air, and then click the Tracking button, the right one, a few times, as long as you have force justification going on.

My own submissions:

1. Use two spaces before a paragraph to indent, or put a space between paragraphs, but not both.

2. Learn when to use its and not it's.

3. Learn the difference between their, they're and there. These are called homonyms, words that sound alike, and even college grads appear foolish in print when they don't catch basic grammar and spelling errors.

4. Run a spell checker. And then proof read how the spell checker corrected, and on occasion messed up your copy.

-g-